Noopsyche K2 Pro - Review

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks to the original individuals who were charged with reviewing these lights, I just purchased 3 black on black units and could not be more excited!
Where did you buy them from. I read some where there are imitations. I cant imagine that but defiently concerns me that there must be imitations of radions, kessils, AI ect

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you buy them from. I read some where there are imitations. I cant imagine that but defiently concerns me that there must be imitations of radions, kessils, AI ect

I just ordered from the noopsyche USA website. Pretty straight forward once you’re on their website

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So ANYWAYS..to get back to the review part....

I just figured out last night how to properly update and set the programs, which is alluded to in the manual but poorly defined. Now it is working exactly as expected.

I am getting used to the shimmer, I'm not quite there but not offended by it anymore.

The light spread is much better than I anticipated, probably due to the lenses covering the LEDs. There is more shadowing than with T5 (as expected) but not as much as I expected and not as much as my other LED fixture (black box). The spread also benefits from the nice adjustments available on the mounting bracket. You can go up and down over 4", and in and out several as well. Seems very well thought out and flexible for different tanks.

Mounting with eurobracing doesnt seem possible with what is supplied, unless someone understands what was supplied better than I do.

I have to say, for the price point its at, combined with the appearance, functionality, ease of use, I believe I would recommend this to anyone looking for an LED fixture who doesnt have the hundreds to spare for one of the high end lights. Its definitely better than my black box, and after playing with it for 2 days, the remote is kinda cool.

I'm going to keep an eye on coral health (and growth) now, as that matters more than anything. I'd be glad to entertain questions or supply pictures if anyone has any.
Proably too soon but any growth yet? Any change in color? My problem has been both of those with current orbit. I am thinking of ordering two in the next few days. also been looking at other cheaper options and hipagaro has a new one using cree leds and I know that is what AI uses. also found a new one half price by jbj but onlys seems to have blue, white and UV Looks like the pic shows red and green so I dont get it! Also looking into used radion gen4. My plan was to buy new ones until my tank crashed so no possibily now since i have so many corals to replace. I am really racking my brain trying to figure this out! LOL

OP
OP
Alarmguy66

Alarmguy66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably too soon to notice any additional growth, but I can say that none of the corals are looking overwhelmed or starved, there doesnt appear to be anything detrimental going on, all corals are fully extended and looking fine.

OP
OP
Alarmguy66

Alarmguy66

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few more things to note....

I've gotten used to the shimmer, I guess its an acquired taste.
I do see growth, not a huge change over the 4 bulb T5, but its there.
Polyp extension is good
Light is penetrating deeper into the tank with more intensity (at least visually), corals on the bottom have better polyp extension
Algae situation has improved pretty dramatically (although that could be coincidental)

The light schedule flexibility really has me spoiled at this point. Lights stay on all night at blue 1%. Just barely on.
At 6 things start brightening, at 7 some more, at 10 around 80%, full on at 2, 6pm things start the other direction until at 9 the blue goes on again. Its worked flawlessly.

Now a few things that could use improvement or change.
Battery life on the remote. Mine dies in 5 days. I just leave it plugged in now. I dont know why, I havent touched it (until today) in a week or more. Now that I have a lighting schedule I like its pretty much a paperweight.

The fan on the unit is annoying when you run the light at low levels. Thats because it goes from not on at all to full blast at once. My tank is so quiet, and right next to me when I am working that its almost startling when it come on. Once the light is on full enough to keep the fan running, I dont even notice it until I listen for it. Probably just my scenario, but maybe a slow ramp up to full speed would be less annoying.

Other than that....Nothing. I would say very good product at a great price.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
D843C8E4-FC45-4033-8D9B-1A3C017A37FC.jpeg
near full tank shot of my 210 with 4 noopsyches on 70% both blues and 25% whites 6% on both others some shimmer but not near as much as kessils. Picture makes it look slightly more blue than in person.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 149 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back