Noopsyche K7 III vs IV

  • Thread starter Thread starter PotatoPig
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I may be selling a brand new IV. I can't get the app to work with my phone.
I was told by TRSC,, the US distributor that you basically have to use the AP setting the wifi don't work. But you have to hook wifi up to your light. They are in NC and very helpful they will walk you through setting it up then you just have to adjust lights to your tank which takes some time. Mine is on a 20 gallon flat back hex. I bought the cover and diffuser from noopsyche and it took a while to get it but the opaque shade helped my tank a lot.
 
I was told by TRSC,, the US distributor that you basically have to use the AP setting the wifi don't work. But you have to hook wifi up to your light. They are in NC and very helpful they will walk you through setting it up then you just have to adjust lights to your tank which takes some time. Mine is on a 20 gallon flat back hex. I bought the cover and diffuser from noopsyche and it took a while to get it but the opaque shade helped my tank a lot. And if you decide to get rid of it let me know I could always use a spare.
 
I have ran v2 pros, v3,III pro and have two of the IV pro currently.

I like the IV. They dropped the wattage but supposedly changed up LED type to be more efficient, they also dropped the price. $139 each

I am guessing they may have changed around some of the values, less wattage to certain channels.

The IV does not seem to have as intense of white compared the the III pro at the same %. But the IV has more blue. If that makes sense

This works for me on the tank I have the IV on as I use them as supplemental blue to drown out the 10k halide.

I will eventually buy 4 more for my large tank
Have you noticed if you get different colors out of your corals with IV vs the III? I have 2 III pros on my tank and I never can get the corals to "glow" as well as they do from the vendor. I've bought a couple of torches from a local guy and they are really bright in his tank and they don't look the same in mine. I've figured it is because the IIIs are missing something spectrum wise.
 
Have you noticed if you get different colors out of your corals with IV vs the III? I have 2 III pros on my tank and I never can get the corals to "glow" as well as they do from the vendor. I've bought a couple of torches from a local guy and they are really bright in his tank and they don't look the same in mine. I've figured it is because the IIIs are missing something spectrum wise.


I have not noticed a difference. That said my IV are supplemental blue to a 315w 10k metal halide.

I generally run a very white tank, with the noops allowing for some pop.

This is the tank right now , no halide, thru an orange filter and without filter.
Noops are on the sps preset and are not at their highest setting as they are ramping down for the night



IMG_8087.jpeg

IMG_8088.jpeg
 
I have not noticed a difference. That said my IV are supplemental blue to a 315w 10k metal halide.

I generally run a very white tank, with the noops allowing for some pop.

This is the tank right now , no halide, thru an orange filter and without filter.
Noops are on the sps preset and are not at their highest setting as they are ramping down for the night



IMG_8087.jpeg

IMG_8088.jpeg
Thanks. I actually run the whites at close to 50% during part of the day. I guess if they do a good black friday sale I may pick up one just to compare.
 
I found it much better than the noopsyche app when I looked into it.
I ran 6 k7 3s and am well aware of the shortcomings of noops app but I didn't pay $800 for each light so it is what it is. Connecting using AP mode is a hassle but it works.
Only real difference between WiFi and AP connection is can't change lights without being near tank. At least that's what I was told. After using in AP mode it's pretty easy if you keep up with it, I practice changing one of the settings I'm not using. I screenshot the settings I like in case I need to correct a mistake or they lose memory some how. For $175 including the cover and diffuser is pretty good and my tank has responded well.
Jerry
 
Only real difference between WiFi and AP connection is can't change lights without being near tank. At least that's what I was told. After using in AP mode it's pretty easy if you keep up with it, I practice changing one of the settings I'm not using. I screenshot the settings I like in case I need to correct a mistake or they lose memory some how. For $175 including the cover and diffuser is pretty good and my tank has responded well.
Jerry
I ran the lights for years and gave up using Wi-Fi because they would rarely connect. I had no complaints other than that.

PXL_20240222_233233684.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new