Noopsyche K7 Mini Schedule

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The usage of this light (Noopsyche K7 Mini) seems pretty large and seems to be expanding but the numbers might be deceiving. Do you think we can get a thread dedicated to custom schedules with qr codes. I just don't have a strong enough understanding yet of spectrums and necessities. I'd appreciate any input. Something with options to choose like:
-"acclimation"
-"softie"
-"lps"
-"sps"
-"modified ab+"
-"strong blue"
-"strong white"

reefishee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A4BB8EBB-610B-47E5-B270-AA87B10FBEED.jpeg
Would love any feedback. It’s on a IM15 with LPS & softies

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll get my latest one when I get home. I made a somewhat Saxby schedule within the limitations of the 1-hr increments. I was planning to adjust the spectrum closer to AB+, but currently have Blues peaking at 50%, Violets at 50% and slowly increasing whites (think peaking at 18% currently). I've slowed down changing the spectrum, though, because a tank transfer is imminent and the corals all seem pretty stoked by the light as-is.

OP
OP
Aaron75

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following, currently running the LPS/SPS preset on the app.
Same, it's good, I don't really have any complaints, but I'm sure some people have better schedules from a scientific or even anecdotal standpoint.

OP
OP
Aaron75

Aaron75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll get my latest one when I get home. I made a somewhat Saxby schedule within the limitations of the 1-hr increments. I was planning to adjust the spectrum closer to AB+, but currently have Blues peaking at 50%, Violets at 50% and slowly increasing whites (think peaking at 18% currently). I've slowed down changing the spectrum, though, because a tank transfer is imminent and the corals all seem pretty stoked by the light as-is.
Thanks, can't wait to see what you're running!

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Note that the 4th peak has to be further apart due to hitting the end of the 1 hr window. I think I started at 9:59 for the first peak, then 50 min between each point thereafter (10:49, 11:39, 12:29, 1:19, 2:09... But then to 3:39 instead of 3:59 to reduce time between pts and allow for two more peaks.

The actual Saxby schedule has much tighter peaks, but this isn't too bad and allows for some variation in intensity during the day.

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The usage of this light (Noopsyche K7 Mini) seems pretty large and seems to be expanding but the numbers might be deceiving. Do you think we can get a thread dedicated to custom schedules with qr codes. I just don't have a strong enough understanding yet of spectrums and necessities. I'd appreciate any input. Something with options to choose like:
-"acclimation"
-"softie"
-"lps"
-"sps"
-"modified ab+"
-"strong blue"
-"strong white"
following i have one on a NUVO 15G

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m using this, any suggestions if I have Anacropora Montipora and bird nest corals?
I just got a parwise, so I will be taking measurements in the near future. For monti and birdsnest (no idea with anacropora), I think you could ramp up the white a bit more over a week or two, but I will check. Another post showed the PAR contribution per channel and the blue channel had by far the most impact per %, so I'd go slow increasing that channel.

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just got a parwise, so I will be taking measurements in the near future. For monti and birdsnest (no idea with anacropora), I think you could ramp up the white a bit more over a week or two, but I will check. Another post showed the PAR contribution per channel and the blue channel had by far the most impact per %, so I'd go slow increasing that channel.

This video has a reefer doing par reading in a Nuvo 15 with the k7 mini

Fapman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Let me know how it goes. I’m going to slowly raise the levels but will use the schedule you built for a couples before tweaking

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FYI, for any of you Noopers that are a bit frustrated by how short the flex arm is (especially for peninsula nanos/midsize AIOs), here's my quick 'n dirty solution:

Bahri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using weak light and just switched it to the K7 mini , are these settings good for my corals to adapt with the new light?

Attachments

• D25CD90F-0E3D-4CA2-853C-D4F6C90A7057.jpeg
    D25CD90F-0E3D-4CA2-853C-D4F6C90A7057.jpeg
    92.7 KB · Views: 158

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was using weak light and just switched it to the K7 mini , are these settings good for my corals to adapt with the new light?
what was your previous light and what intensities was it running? K7 at 50/50/50 is actually quite strong, so you'd want to avoid burning your corals if they haven't been receiving as much light.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back