Noopsyche K7 Pro 3

Reefing_ Panda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just want to share my experience with NooPsyche!

I ordered 3 of the K7 Pro 3s as that's what the site recommended, will be trying to return one as 2 is PLENTY for my 90 gallon. Im running the lights on 15% output and it is still plenty of light. The app is fine, I have had way worse. If you read the instructions that come with it, it should be fairly easy for you. My only complaint is the inability to link 2 lights together (unless I missed something) This missing feature makes it kind of annoying when wanting to set up the lighting in the tank.

Overall, I would buy these lights again! Especially for $180 with mounting bracket.!

EDIT: You can pair them together....I just didn't read.

Last edited:

rhitee93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to set the lights up so one is the master and the other is the slave. That is how I have my 3 setup. the directions are in the manual for this, but I had to read through it a couple of times before I understood it. If you can't figure it out, report back and I'll take a look to jog my memory on how it's done.

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yes two is plenty. I reached out to them when I bought mine and they said cover 2 feet. They also do set up as master slave. I have 5 hooked to one master.

T€rm

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a link to the website with videos , one is to set master /slave ! Hope this helps!

OP
OP
Reefing_ Panda

Reefing_ Panda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should be able to set the lights up so one is the master and the other is the slave. That is how I have my 3 setup. the directions are in the manual for this, but I had to read through it a couple of times before I understood it. If you can't figure it out, report back and I'll take a look to jog my memory on how it's done.
Wow...literally right in my face once I picked up my instructions. Thank you for this!

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15% seems really low to me. I'm using 2 over my 3 foot 50gal tank and I'm at 80% on the blues and 30% on the whites at peak. 15% is what I go with for the hour or so before they shut off.

PotatoPig

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15% seems really low to me. I'm using 2 over my 3 foot 50gal tank and I'm at 80% on the blues and 30% on the whites at peak. 15% is what I go with for the hour or so before they shut off.
Agree. Have 2 over a 75 rimmed tank. 30% all channels lands at about 100par on the sand. I tested 20% and the par down at the sand was around 50 or so, depending on exact location.

codenfx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30% whites? Here I thought mine at 20% is too much, I've had them at 8% for a long time but noticed when I bump the whites to 20% my coral started to look better. I only have Soft and LPS corals. They're great lights btw, easy to use once you figure out the setup. I use their short youtube guide and had no issues setting it up.

OP
OP
Reefing_ Panda

Reefing_ Panda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well at the moment they are over my freshwater tank till I get my salt water tank started. 15% seems to be enough for me to look at the fish while I am at the office while not putting so much that algae grows out of control. Being the tank is close to windows there is alot of light as is so I do not want to put too much.

OP
OP
Reefing_ Panda

Reefing_ Panda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
30% whites? Here I thought mine at 20% is too much, I've had them at 8% for a long time but noticed when I bump the whites to 20% my coral started to look better. I only have Soft and LPS corals. They're great lights btw, easy to use once you figure out the setup. I use their short youtube guide and had no issues setting it up.
Yep, I am enjoying them. I set the auto for M-F and I just leave the lights off on weekends as there is sunlight for the fish.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back