Noopsyche K7 Pro user feedback

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems like a lot of R2R members got in on the K7 Pro group buy.
I'd like to hear how everyone feels about their new lights now that they have been out for a bit. Lets hear some pros and cons. Please give details on your particular system, amount of lights your using and of course programming schedule.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so far I have zero complaints about the lights themselves. I have them putting about the same par as when i had my corals under the radion. I am running 2 lights on my 40B. I am noticing I am getting some better color and better polyp extension. My rainbow acans that the radions just turn bland orange every time. I am noticing some patches of greens and blues slightly popping back in.
My only complaint is the controller is a bit lacking and confusing at first. Once you get it figured out its really easy to use I just wish we had a few more data points.
Ok so maybe 1 complaints about the light. When setting a blue ch to 1% is still to bright to be able to use them as a true moonlight overnight. They dont go low enough in power but that is a very minor complaint as I am not looking at the tank at that point anyway.
I have had other run of mill black boxes, Radions, Kessils, T5, halides and I think these are my favorite lights I have used to date. the price per performance I think is going to be hard to beat and they are also very attractive. Anyone looking at Kessil or radion I would look at these if you want to save a ton of money and get just as good of lights. Especially comparing to a radion.
For my main light time I am running all my blues at 75% white/red/green ch are at 13%

here is how my corals look under them
https://flic.kr/s/aHsmvT6oNj

OP
OP
A sea K

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Jonreefer, great feedback especially the pictures they look very nice. I have quite a few acans as well so its good to know your getting better colors from the new lights. I have read about the controller difficulties and it seems Manose has a pretty good handle on any support issues so thats a big plus.
I should have also asked in my OP to include what lighting everyone is replacing and to post up some pics as well if possible. Before and after would be great.

OP
OP
A sea K

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping for some more feedback. Surely there has to be more than one reefer that got in on the group buy so here is a quick bump.

OutsideBrian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping for some more feedback. Surely there has to be more than one reefer that got in on the group buy so here is a quick bump.

You want group buy feedback? I posted twice that I was interested but not able to sign up through google. My posts went ignored. With that kind of customer attention or service I’ll never buy them. Lack of helping a customer, what do you think might happen if there was ever a warranty problem?

OP
OP
A sea K

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is not intended for feed back on the "Buy" itself. It's a shame it didnt work out for you. My experience with questions regarding the light have been just fine and I have no issues with placing an order from a CS standpoint. I am more interested in how the new users feel about the lights performance in actual use on there individual systems and how the light stacks up against what the user had previously used.

Jonreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You want group buy feedback? I posted twice that I was interested but not able to sign up through google. My posts went ignored. With that kind of customer attention or service I’ll never buy them. Lack of helping a customer, what do you think might happen if there was ever a warranty problem?
probably coulda have resolved any issue you had if you took the 2min to make a google account to just use the google doc to add to the spreadsheet. So if followed directions maybe would have worked out for ya since it was easier for the person to just follow the spreadsheet then to try and keep monitoring post.

kamla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

my exp was good, i put my name in the google doc and they sent me link to buy.
and i had the light in a few days...

i have not set up the tank yet, once i do i will let you know how the light does..

But the build quality looks and feels good.
as per the company being new, i think every one who bought the lights knows that.
its risk, but i feel that if they want to break out in the US they have support the early adopters well.

i hope they do... :)

Thax
kamla

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same as above. I ordered 3 lights to go on the Aquatic Life Fixture. I have them all put together and they look great but have not hung over the tank yet. They seem to be great lights once you figure out the controller. Would be nice to have an app but def not a deal breaker for the price of these. Maybe I will try and make one.

Should only be a few more weeks before the tank gets here.

kamla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same as above. I ordered 3 lights to go on the Aquatic Life Fixture. I have them all put together and they look great but have not hung over the tank yet. They seem to be great lights once you figure out the controller. Would be nice to have an app but def not a deal breaker for the price of these. Maybe I will try and make one.

Should only be a few more weeks before the tank gets here.

do you know how the controller talk to the light?

if its Bluetooth, we could work up and app for sure.

Thax
Kamla

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is Bluetooth, and I don't think it would be too difficult to make one up. Maybe a few weeks of writing code. Maybe use an interface similar to what's already out there.

kamla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is Bluetooth, and I don't think it would be too difficult to make one up. Maybe a few weeks of writing code. Maybe use an interface similar to what's already out there.

great...

now if Noopsyche give an API to talk to the light, i am sure we create an App faster.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am sure there are a bunch of us that would pay $5 or $10 for the app. I for one would definitely pay for it.

OP
OP
A sea K

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have the actual power draw on one of these at full power?
Somewhat asked that (likely you) in another thread and it never got answered, hopefully it will here.
For the controller I hope its not too complicated as I'm pretty behind the times on such things but I have every confidence there are people not only on this forum but acting as support for noopsyche as well so I'm sure to be covered either way.

I wanted in on the original group buy but life got in the way and I had to bow out. I'm hoping to make something happen by the end of the month and in the meantime I'll be living vicariously through others experiences.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
%E7%94%B5%E6%B0%94%E5%8F%82%E6%95%B0-jpg.894042

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back