Noopsyche k7 pro v3 problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

emmysnewtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a mini and while it seems to be a high quality led, I agree. The setup - even though I got it working after changing out my 2G settings - was not worth the hours of time it took me to get there. I then had to reprogram my sonos system which was on the same network but got kicked off when I switched over.

not really crazy about the programming interface either.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking for plug and play - no hassle to replace a dead G3 XR30W - I figured I would just replace them all. I skipped the new Radions based on extremely poor reviews of the new interface and overall experience with the G3s version of the software. I took a gamble on these based on the limited reviews that I saw.

It is nice to see NP here attempting to support their customers, but at the same time it appears that there are several people reporting significant issues with connectivity and the product regularly slipping out of auto mode into manual mode. I don't see any real resolutions or explanations other than NP suggesting the issues are user error.

Fiddling with the manual mode - I also notice that the 1% setting is pretty darn bright with any single channel running alone and that it gets extremely bright from 1% to 3% on any channel. I assume that the fish and coral don't care about sunrise/sunset simulation... but I always rather enjoyed it and as bad as the Ecotech product interface was, it does sunrise/sunset very well.

5+ years ago I would have no issue tinkering with these and/or dealing with the quirks, but that ship sailed long ago. they may be perfect for many of you, but I don't have the time to fiddle with these and will likely just move on.

As for Sonos I was one of the first partners and adopters in 2002. - it was a great product and concept. Unfortunately the original engineers made some really asinine (outright arrogant) decisions with regard to tcp connectivity, spanning tree and multicast that they have stubbornly refused to fix for 2 decades. Sonos devices are a network nightmare that do not play well in ANY modern network and bring most to their knees, not to mention the mess that the interface and experience have become.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
1673236775371.png
1673236789106.png
1673236798190.png
1673236803899.png
1673236812312.png

AP connection is easy to connect. If you can't figure out the LAN connection, and don't know how to set an independent SSID for 2.4ghz LAN, it is recommended that you use the AP connection mode.
There is no bug with the Noopsyche APP ( at least now). It is suitable for most mobile phones with Android and Apple systems. Even the Iphone4 can use the app. According to global experience, some users have some app problems when upgrading their mobile phone systems, which may be due to iOS16 adaptation problems

For users who automatically jump out of the automatic mode, it is caused by individual hardware failures. Please take the initiative to send us a private message to get the parts replacement service.

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post a simple again here in hopes of helping folks who are struggling with "Lan Mode"

The noopsyche iOS (not sure about android) application asks for "router password" in Lan Mode
This is your SSID password (wireless password) not the password to your router!

as NS said - your wireless LAN MUST BE 2.4GHz.
As with ANY IoT device, if you have the same SSID broadcasting on 2.4GHz and 5GHz you are asking for connectivity problems. IoT devices DO NOT do band steering but your router/access point will likely keep dropping connection trying to steer them to 5GHz.

DO NOT fill in the IP address field. This will be set automatically once the connection is made!

If you have more than 1 light that you wish to control with individual schedules (not synchronized in slave mode) then EACH will need to be setup this way. You can THEN change the IP address portion (once they are setup) to connect to individual lamps. You DO NOT need to enter a password each time once they are setup.

Hope this helps some of you.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The last three digits of the IP is the specific number of the light, which will be displayed when the LAN mode connection is successful. Record it and enter it directly next time to connect. (Every light's is different)
1673283986618.png

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
When connecting to LAN, the password entered should be the WiFi password instead of the LAN password. I hope everyone is doing it right.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 137 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.2%
Back