Noopsyche k7 pro v3 problems

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Baraczek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I've bought 2 lamps from aliexpress.
The spectrum of colors and power is great but i've serious problem with them
First of all - they randomly turns off. Both of them. Then after several minutes they turn on.
Can it be heating problem ? I'm using LPS program and they run on about 50-60 % of power.

Second thing is LAN mode connection - its simply does not work. I've turning them into LAN mode - blue diode is blinking but whn i try to save my wifi password, nothing happens and timeout occurs. I've used couple of phones etc. It;s using bluetooth to upload initial data ? Or NFC ?

Regards
Adam

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi

I've bought 2 lamps from aliexpress.
The spectrum of colors and power is great but i've serious problem with them
First of all - they randomly turns off. Both of them. Then after several minutes they turn on.
Can it be heating problem ? I'm using LPS program and they run on about 50-60 % of power.

Second thing is LAN mode connection - its simply does not work. I've turning them into LAN mode - blue diode is blinking but whn i try to save my wifi password, nothing happens and timeout occurs. I've used couple of phones etc. It;s using bluetooth to upload initial data ? Or NFC ?

Regards
Adam
The light to enter the overheat protection. Did the fan run? pls note that this fan rotates intelligently when need cooling. Please make sure that the connected WiFi is 2.4ghz, and the name cannot be duplicated with 5ghz. When the app applies for access to the mobile phone, please be sure to click "Allow". and check the advanced options of the router. Pls contact the saller of aliexpress for part replacement.

Best Regards,

OP
OP
B

Baraczek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light to enter the overheat protection. Did the fan run? pls note that this fan rotates intelligently when need cooling. Please make sure that the connected WiFi is 2.4ghz, and the name cannot be duplicated with 5ghz. When the app applies for access to the mobile phone, please be sure to click "Allow". and check the advanced options of the router. Pls contact the saller of aliexpress for part replacement.

Best Regards,
Thanks for reply.
I've changed position of lamp - previously it was too closely attached to wooden panel from top, without air access, and with another lamp, they blew hot air into each other. So it was overheating problem.
WIFI is 2.4 ghz, name is different thant 5 ghz, phone has access allowed, ap mode works fine.
Question remains - how phone is connecting to lamp to send initial wifi settings(name + password) ? is this bluetooth protocol ? Or maybe you can give me name of chip that gives connectivity to the lamp ?

Two lamps have the same problem so i think replacement is not an option.
Besides that - its very good price/performance lamp :)

I've really appreciate that you anserved me - it was a huge help

Regards
Adam

TheoScapes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

Wanted to ask if you've managed to fix the problem?

I just received mine today and am facing the exact same issue, except not even my AP mode works.

if you managed to fix it, how did you do it?

Cheers,
Theo

OP
OP
B

Baraczek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I've fixed the problem of overheating. Ive added external fan.
But LAN mode still don't work. Only AP.
I faced another problem - because of hot air or eletromagnetic interference, both my lamps switches
spontaneously between 'Time Point Settings' and 'Manual Settings' - i believe there is some problem with physical buttons. It results in annoying blinking (every few seconds)
I had to set identical settings of light in time point and manual mode

Regards
Adam

TheoScapes

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Adam,

Sorry to hear that. My light is working this morning and I suspect that the issue was weak WiFi signal last night as I tried to connect during internet rush our where I live.

Might I suggest trying to create a port on your internet router that is solely dedicated to your light?

Best of luck,
Theo

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bad signal:
A: I just got my K7 mini today after a long, very excited wait and now my app won't connect to the WiFi and light. Big bummer. WiFi is 2.4ghz, light is flashing blue, it just won't work. I've tried resetting the router, master resetting the light, uninstalling and reinstalling the app... Nothing works. When I connect through AP, it stays connected for a maximum of 2 seconds before losing the connection.
B: Maybe a signal problem. How is the WiFi signal where the light is?
A: It connected this morning. I think when I tried to connect last night the WiFi was slow (internet speeds that fluctuate).I panicked for a second but it's working well now.

If the LAN or master light signal is not good, there may be causee disconnection. Just reconnect

Last edited:

BBGoby

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for what might be a dumb question here but is there any particular reason to use one version over the other, LAN or AP? I thought that the LAN would just be my Wifi from my router and that AP was if I have an access point wireless to connect to. I have an xfinity router with wifi and an extender pod to form a mesh? That being said should I be setting the unit up in LAN or AP? I just got my two new K7 v3's yesterday and was able to connect via LAN.

underwaterjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for what might be a dumb question here but is there any particular reason to use one version over the other, LAN or AP? I thought that the LAN would just be my Wifi from my router and that AP was if I have an access point wireless to connect to. I have an xfinity router with wifi and an extender pod to form a mesh? That being said should I be setting the unit up in LAN or AP? I just got my two new K7 v3's yesterday and was able to connect via LAN.
I tried both and prefer lan. Only because if you want to connect to the lights it’s a simple open app when you’re home and connected. The ap works it’s just more steps and having to select the lights in wifi settings just wasn’t as quick.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I tried both and prefer lan. Only because if you want to connect to the lights it’s a simple open app when you’re home and connected. The ap works it’s just more steps and having to select the lights in wifi settings just wasn’t as quick.
AP mode is not troublesome, I personally prefer the AP connection. When connect successfully, you can open the app for operation without pressing the button of the light. AP mode remembers the password(12345678) and can connect successfully Immediately

underwaterjr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AP mode is not troublesome, I personally prefer the AP connection. When connect successfully, you can open the app for operation without pressing the button of the light. AP mode remembers the password(12345678) and can connect successfully Immediately
I figured out how to get Wi-Fi mode working. But thanks for the reply.

emmysnewtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured out how to get Wi-Fi mode working. But thanks for the reply.

@noopsyche I can't get either mode working in my just received K7 mini.

Using wifi trying to connect to 2ghz wifi and it won't connect.

I was able to connect via AP mode, but the K7 connection would drop after like 2 minutes. Would really like to get this LAN/wifi direct setup going.

The hour I spent already trying to connect is already not worth the money I saved buying this versus a more expensive light.

GobyGuy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I was able to connect via AP mode, but the K7 connection would drop after like 2 minutes. Would really like to get this LAN/wifi direct setup going.

The hour I spent already trying to connect is already not worth the money I saved buying this versus a more expensive light.
I have a mini, when you’re setting up the WiFi, does it make the connection successfully? I personally prefer AP mode, and am not really ever connected beyond the initial scheduling set up…

Id like to try and help this light work out NP has been a good company to interact with in my experience

emmysnewtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a mini, when you’re setting up the WiFi, does it make the connection successfully? I personally prefer AP mode, and am not really ever connected beyond the initial scheduling set up…

Id like to try and help this light work out NP has been a good company to interact with in my experience

no. Can’t make the connection to start with. I’d be fine sticking w ap mode but that disconnects moments after initial connection too. after setup I’ll probably never mess w it again…so just need it to work once.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Hi, it has nothing to do with the connection method. It drop may be due to signal reason. Or didn't click save

emmysnewtank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, it has nothing to do with the connection method. It drop may be due to signal reason. Or didn't click save
I definitely clicked save...I don't think thats the issue. is anyone else getting this working in LAN mode? I want to like this light. if only I could make it work.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I definitely clicked save...I don't think thats the issue. is anyone else getting this working in LAN mode? I want to like this light. if only I could make it work.
need to check your WiFi SSID. Please check 2.4ghz and 5ghz to make sure there is no duplicate SSID and password merged. then reset light and enter your 2.4ghz wifi password.
Now most people set up the router channel to be a two-in-one hybrid channel. At present, IoT devices on the market all use 2.4g connection technology, because 2.4g has low power consumption and strong penetration. Although the speed is not as fast as 5g, it is more suitable for the needs of IoT devices.
In a word, avoid using the same SSID, password for 2.4g and 5g

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
need to check your WiFi SSID. Please check 2.4ghz and 5ghz to make sure there is no duplicate SSID and password merged. then reset light and enter your 2.4ghz wifi password.
Now most people set up the router channel to be a two-in-one hybrid channel. At present, IoT devices on the market all use 2.4g connection technology, because 2.4g has low power consumption and strong penetration. Although the speed is not as fast as 5g, it is more suitable for the needs of IoT devices.
In a word, avoid using the same SSID, password for 2.4g and 5g
-network engineer
-electronics hobbyist (both discrete and microcontroller)
-dedicated 2.4ghz IoT LAN on enterprise (Aruba) hardware
-no overlapping SSIDS or radio frequencies
-2 other LAB 2.4ghz dedicated lans setup for testing (Ruckus and Verizon router wifi... one at a time)
-2 iPhones and and 1 iPad running different versions of IOS
-3 brand new K7 Pro III, purchased direct from NP

WIFI MODE
will not connect using any combination of networks or devices. Attempts simply timeout with the app spinning disc and blinking blue light on the fixture never syncing up or spinning faster. "network distribution failed"

AP MODE
~60% of the time fails to connect and "connect failed" and i think maybe "no device" (not bother to go back and look)
~20% of the time things appear to be stable and I can stay connected to do programming. This is often after numerous connect failures.
~20% of the time the connection is unstable and freezes up. feels like the app is waiting on comms and often I have to end the app and restart and reconnect.
Not sure if this is hardware, software or both being slow and losing sync, etc.

To be clear this is not one light or one IOS device or one network. I get the same basic results with any given combination and that leads me to believe...

There is not an interference issue and instead a hardware/software/engineering issue. I have no desire to tear one of these apart to see the chipset or antenna configuration but the connectivity is horrible and makes these lights almost impossible to setup or maintain. Hardware? Software? A bit of both? Don't care... this is not a user friendly device at this point.

I would prefer it on LAN just for the ease of use. I would settle for AP if it was not a total PITA to get connected and stay connected. I have not even bothered to try master/slave mode yet.

They may be aesthetically pleasing and put out decent light but I have instant buyers remorse. My fault for taking a gamble and buying (3) at once. They will be donated to the local club or sold locally if possible, I don't have the time or desire to go back and forth confirming basic wifi settings.

The documentation, albeit not complicated... is pretty bad even if it suffices for those with a bit of aptitude.

Hopefully you guys get this sorted out in later revisions or quality updates or whatever... good luck to the rest of you, I wasted 5 hours on these and am moving on.

Last edited:
Back