Noopsyche K7 V3 lost it's white spectrum

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two K7 v3 Pros synced over my 3ft reef tank. one of the lights has suddenly lost its white spectrum. When I try adjust the white spectrum in the app, only one of the lights changes its white light intensity. If I change the other spectrums then they both change uniformly.

This points to the white spectrum being the issue. Light is only 3 months old. Any troubleshooting ideas (I've tried resetting, resyncing etc.) before I make a warranty claim?

BeanAnimal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would make a warranty claim.

I just put an order in for (2) GHL Mitras - going to give them a spin. I don't dislike the K7 Pro III - but I just invested in Profilux and think I would like the extra control.

OP
OP
LgTas

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill send a claim through tomorrow. Purchased directly from Noopsyche so hopefully no drama. Will keep the forum posted.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi, It's a hardware problem. It may be that the control board (or driver board) is not in good contact and is loose. Please provide more information to confirm which part is loose, thank you

OP
OP
LgTas

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've checked the board, there's nothing obviously loose or not connected. No amount of fiddling of the connectors makes the white spectrum function.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is there any water stains, or rust spots? Any picuture and videos will be helpful

OP
OP
LgTas

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing. I will send a video of the issue when I'm back home tonight as well as take videos of the internal and external condition of the unit.

snackpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've checked the board, there's nothing obviously loose or not connected. No amount of fiddling of the connectors makes the white spectrum function.
Not the vendor, but would you mind posting pictures of the control board?

OP
OP
LgTas

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20230210_161506.jpg
Screenshot_20230210_161601_Noo-Psyche.jpg
20230210_161610.jpg
20230210_161852.jpg
20230210_162030.jpg

OP
OP
LgTas

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cant take video while switching to another app but you can see its uniform across both lights, crank any specutrum and they both change but crank the white and only one works. Pics of light and board.

I think ive done enough so would like a warranty return please. The windex look is driving me nuts.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dear sir, Use tweezers or something to press these two positions ( "C-"), probably because of poor contact here. Try the following first to see the result, thank you

OP
OP
LgTas

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dear sir, Use tweezers or something to press these two positions ( "C-"), probably because of poor contact here. Try the following first to see the result, thank you

Unfortunately i made two attempts at pressing these contacts down. Second attempt included a reset and re-pairing of the lights and still nothing. No white spectrum at all.

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I PM you a document on how to do it

Last edited:
OP
OP
LgTas

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any chance you could tell me all the things you want me to check in one go. Getting tired of disassembling and assembling the light each time.

I will check voltage at the connectors per your DM tomorrow.

OP
OP
LgTas

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I can't find my multi-meter (nor am I going to purchase one for this task) so won't be able to check voltage.

I would like a warranty return for a new unit that has a functioning white spectrum channel.

It's been over two weeks of having to endure the windex blue look in order to maintain the level of PAR my corals need.

A link to the Australian Consumer Rights Website in case you were unaware:

noopsyche

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hidear Please use postal service to return the light for repairing, we will cover the shipping cost. Please contact the store of purchase or after-sales service

Last edited:
OP
OP
LgTas

LgTas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a few people have sent me direct messages asking for an update.

I packaged and sent my faulty light back to China per instructions received. It appears the primary (only?) means of engaging customer service is via messenger through a Noopsyche group. The messaging has been a bit inconsistent but mostly instructive.

Unfortunately even with a completed declarations form, Chinese customs have held my package. After a bit of a delay Noopsyche have confirmed the have followed up and will either get the item released by customs or replace the item with a new light.

So far its been a bit of an unorthodox customer service experience but mostly good. I'll update again once we have a resolution and what that is.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back