NoPoX and All for Reef on same timer

Quietman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's what I want to do...and yes, I know I could buy two timers, or a controller or a multi-head doser...let's just set aside those options for a bit.

I want to put two single head dosers on a dual outlet timer. One outlet will be for the All For Reef Ca/Alk dosing, the other will be for my NOPOx dosing. Since the timer controls both outlets and the Ca/Alk dosing will be the higher volume per dose, I'm thinking that I can just add RODI to the NOPOx (whether purchased or DIY) for dilution to reach the volume of carbon dose needed to match the timer setting needed for the Ca/Alk dose.

So question is...can I add RODI to NOPOx (or any carbon source) and dilute without issue to the effectiveness as long as I increase volume appropriately?

Also please assume I know how to use a spreadsheet and calculate volume needed to compensate for dilution.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diluting organic carbon solutions does not work well since bacteria can grow in it if diluted too much, consuming the organics and becoming a moldy mess. Slight dilution is ok, but more than 50% potency becomes a risk.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back