NOPOX dosing question

mbarber87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started using NOPOX about a week ago and have gotten extremely deceptive results. My phosphates were at .22 last Sunday and today I just checked and they’re at .04.
Nitrates are in check as well.

My question is, now that I have the numbers that I want, do I lower my dosage? Or continue on the same dosage that I’ve been using?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would check the test results because that’s a very big drop in phosphate, in a short space of time, and in my experience nopox is not very good at phosphate reduction.

If it’s correct just follow the instructions and adjust the dose as necessary. It’s all just a balancing act with nopox depending on what the system needs.

OP
OP
mbarber87

mbarber87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't think the NOPOX lowered the phosphate. But I agree the numbers are currently fine.
Interesting. I have been feeding like crazy so I wonder what brought it down. No fuge. No gfo. Could a roller mat somehow absorb nutrients?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I have been feeding like crazy so I wonder what brought it down. No fuge. No gfo. Could a roller mat somehow absorb nutrients?

Not really, except for removing particulates before they break down.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 37.0%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 34.1%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 24 13.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back