NoPox Help !

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im hoping someone can advise me in the right direction with my dosing nopox. About four months ago I began dosing NoPox with Reef Energy and eventually achieved 0ppm for nitrates but wasn’t able to lower my phosphates past .15-.20. So I decided to stop using NoPox and started a gfo reactor thinking my nitrates would stay low. I finally lowered my phosphates to .08 but made a mistake by continuing to dose reef energy every day. My Nitrates sky rocketed to 50ppm and now I am not sure how to proceed. I want to keep my nitrates at 2-5ppm and phosphates at .03ppm.

Should I start dosing nopox again simotaniously with gfo ?
If I do run both how do I keep nitrates from being 0 and maintain between 2-5ppm ? Dose more reef energy ?

Alfrareef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best way I know to quickly lower NO3 it’s with WC.
After that you can use NOPOX to keep them within the intended values. I’ve never had an issue running NOPOX while using GFO.

OP
OP
J

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best way I know to quickly lower NO3 it’s with WC.
After that you can use NOPOX to keep them within the intended values. I’ve never had an issue running NOPOX while using GFO.
How do I use Nopox to keep within intended values? At one point I was dosing 0.5ml nopox , reef energy, and heavy feeding which still maintained 0.

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take the GFO offline and go back to running NOPOX. You need both N and P for NOPOX to work. When you get back to your desired Nitrate level, and if Phosphate is still too high, go back to running GFO along with the "maintenance" dose of NOPOX.

OP
OP
J

Jackooze

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take the GFO offline and go back to running NOPOX. You need both N and P for NOPOX to work. When you get back to your desired Nitrate level, and if Phosphate is still too high, go back to running GFO along with the "maintenance" dose of NOPOX.
What do you mean by maintenance dose of nopox?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you mean by maintenance dose of nopox?

Well, the NOPOX Instructions have taken on a new look, which for me is more confusing......NEW INSTRUCTIONS:

NEW NOPOX Instructions.png

But the old directions were clear and simple:

Measured Level (ppm)..............Daily Dose ml/100 L (25 gal)
NO3 above 10 ----------------------------------3
NO3 above 2.5, but less than 10 -------------2
NO3 above 1 but less than 2.5 ----------------1

So "maintenance" dose is once you get nitrates to where you want them, you continue to dose that amount.....1 ml per 25 gallons. Adjust dose as needed to maintain that level of nitrates.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back