OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I'm going to try more aggressive dosing again and bump up 1 ml per week. So when I get home today I'll start 5 ml/day. Sound like a plan?

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I'm going to try more aggressive dosing again and bump up 1 ml per week. So when I get home today I'll start 5 ml/day. Sound like a plan?

Sure.

How long was the phosphate boosted before changing dosing and did anything apparently happen?

srpntmage

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar problem in my 29g Biocube. I dosed 3ml per day for months with no drop in nitrates. One day I said screw it and bumped up to 4ml. Within a couple weeks my nitrates dropped significantly and are still dropping. One side effect I noticed was pink slime in the back/sump area. Not cyano, just pink ooze. I am guessing it was bacterial colonies. I am now around 3.5ml and it seam the nitrates are staying lower. Also, if you are using purigen, or another synthetic filtering media, that could also be hampering your progress. Red Sea told me some synthetic filter media can absorb the NoPox before it gets a chance to work.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally the NoPoX kicks in and now down to 8ppm on No3 and 0.02ppm on Po4. Got my NoPoX dosing at 5.5ml per day and did a 10 gallon water change on 20 gallons volume (50%). Going to leave the dosing at 5.5ml/day until I get below 5ppm. Should only be a few more days and then cut the dosing down until I maintain about 5ppm on No3.

Anthony christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to start dosing nopox but can not understand the charts some help would be great. My no3 is 4.0ppm I think I need 2ml per 25 gallons of saltwater my total system volume is 240 gallons. Mixed reef.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anthony christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that's what I thought thanks for the confirmation. I have 240 gallons plus 60 gallon sump so I played it safe with live rock and sand and skimmer so I dosed for a 200 gallon tank to play it safe do you think that was a wise choice I dosed 16 ml yesterday and 16ml today should I test every other day till I find the daily does that holds it no3 at 1.5 ppm is my target n03 my po4 is 0 ppm now I'm trying to get it to 0.25 ppm.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems easier for many folks to use organic carbon product for a while, then once the nitrate starts to drop substantially (this can appear to take a while for reasons I don't really understand), then they back off on the dose to try to keep nitrate from going too low (easier than trying to pick the perfect dose initially).

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious. Why do you want to raise your PO4 to 0.25ppm? Most people try to keep it at below 0.03ppm. Is there something that you are trying to accomplish with a higher PO4 level?

Anthony christian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yes nitrate kind of had it all in m mind better then I wrote it. For some reason tonight I tested mag it was over the chart it stops at 1600 I am having a hard time finding the end color on the red sea mag pro test. this dosing stuff is kind tricky for me but I guess if I'm gonna keep lps and sps I'm going to need to get it figured out.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 40 81.6%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 14.3%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.1%
Back