Normal for Purple Tang and White Tail Tang to hang out/sleep together

temphermitcrab

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. We have a younger Purple Tang and White Tail Tang that we introduced to our tank at the same time about a month and a half ago. The Purple Tang is tank bred. They are hanging out together all day and even sleeping next to each other at night. They are very cool to watch and the way they get along is much better than I hoped. Is it possible that they will continue like this, particularly as the Purple Tang gets older? I’m really just curious and wondering if this is pretty common.

Cpc83

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
0   1   1
I had a purple tang and magnificent foxface that were joined at the fins till I added a sixline then the six and foxface turned to tank a$$holes

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish are individuals. I've got a sixline that's best buds with a dottyback. Can't really tell what they'll do.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fish will buddy up for sure. I think it's more paired towards their diets. My foxface and white Tail are best friends. They beg for nori all day. I considered a purple to go with my white Tail. My tank is only 130 so I probably won't get another tang but if I did it would be a gem. I'd only put smaller tangs in this thing.

OP
OP
temphermitcrab

temphermitcrab

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the replies. I like other people’s stories. I think fish are so funny and smart in there particular ways. It’s gratifying to have all the suggestions I read about stocking and rock work to basically work out.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.0%
Back