North Alabama reef meeting

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like more people are leaning toward 19th. If we were to do it on 19th, it seems as though we need to twist Trish's arm to host us unless someone else in Huntsville/Madison area is wanting to host the meeting.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool still didn't answer my ? Will there be a holding tank for the frag everyone is bringing?

I thought that I addressed it earlier.

I'd say no unless someone wants to coordinate it with whoever hosting the meeting.

Nancy and Marcel did have a tank to place our frags in a few meetings back. But generally speaking, it's a frags-in-baggies and coolers affair. I would not like to acclimate frags too many times in a short period of time...

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can host if the 19th works for people. I live out near Buckhorn High School so it might be a little further than people are used to, but for me it will be much closer than normal so it all averages out :D

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would not like to acclimate frags too many times in a short period of time...

That's what I thought when I read the frag tank question. Heck by the time it was acclimated it would be time to bag it back up.

ChrisKey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We can set one up at right temp, salinity etc and float the bags like last time.

I have two 10 gallon tanks I can bring and heaters. I can also bring my led over my frag tank. It isn't much but more than nothing.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like we have a good host :) We get to ogle her ginormous sump enclosure, too. Yey!

Chris -
Are you going to BBQ brisket? If so, I will bring baked beans. It was so popular last time (thanks to Mary Bebo's recipe - Mary, are you reading this?) How's your pompom xenia?

I have some Blue Tort and Garf's Bonsai frags. I can also bring a frag of Kryptonite candy cane. Let me know if any of you are interested. I will bring them only if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

ChrisKey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will either do brisket or regular pulled pork.

All the Xenia are doing fine. They were tiny for a few days but they are pulsing good now. Xenia just doesn't like my water parameters in this new system but I had to put them in there to move another tanks.

I need to get a list of a few frags I will bring. I don't want to bring too much stuff but I will try to bring a few of every type of coral (zoa, Paly, LPS, SPS).

jbonez

jbonez
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Opps sorry tomoko I didnt see that lol. Ill bring frags of zoa I have a bunch of stuff just let me know what I can bring

ChrisKey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say we start around 11am. I have to get my son to a birthday part at 2:30. That will get us some time to meet, eat, do a frag swap and get done before 2:00.

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chris - I have a new 10G that I picked up yesterday that you are welcome to use if that makes it easier.

So we will start at 11:00 then if that works for everyone.

I will make coleslaw and provide the plates, cups, napkins and utensils. I will PM everyone my address. I will also be sure to watch this thread for any late messages from people interested in coming and send the address to them. I have no problem with any of you sharing my address, just please do so in a private message and not on the board.

Here's a partial food list. Can you guys add any other items that we will want?

BarBQ - Chris
Baked beans - Tomoko
Coleslaw - Trish
Plates, cups, napkins, utensils - Trish

Ice -
Chips -
Bread (buns?) -
Desert -
Sodas -
Tea? -

TrishW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
An approximate head count would be helpful so if you plan to attend let me know how many will be in your party. This will help with seating as well as knowing how much food we will need. I am excited :)

bamareef, I have you down for three. PS - No one at my house is on a gluten free diet and I had to google paleo diet.

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back