North Carolina newbie

BrowniesReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from North Carolina. New to aquariums, new to reefing.. I have not taken the plunge to purchase a setup yet but would like to do so this year, I have been watching YouTube videos and forums like a madman. I grew up in South Florida and in my youth did a lot of snorkeling and diving in the Keys and and South East coast. Reefs are beautiful and I am really looking forward to get to know all of you in the coming months.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!!!

Clownfish.gif

Acros

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Welcome to R2R.

Newbie here as well. People will say: get the biggest tank you can. Make sure you do not get one so big that weekly water changes become a chore. You can eventually get to a no water change system, but that kinda takes reef guru type of experience.

Another piece of advice: the biggest expense in this hobby is dead livestock.

LegalReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello from North Carolina. New to aquariums, new to reefing.. I have not taken the plunge to purchase a setup yet but would like to do so this year, I have been watching YouTube videos and forums like a madman. I grew up in South Florida and in my youth did a lot of snorkeling and diving in the Keys and and South East coast. Reefs are beautiful and I am really looking forward to get to know all of you in the coming months.
Welcome! I’m a NC newbie too, in the Greensboro area! Where are you at? I just got started with a 5 gallon reef build. What’re you hoping to do? Happy to help however I can, it’s the best hobby on earth!

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. Been here since August reading, studying, and asking noob questions. Have also been looking at BRS and Tidal Garden videos on YouTube. LiveAquaria website does a good job of describing livestock requirements and compatibilities.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 38 32.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back