Northern Indiana newbie

  • Thread starter Thread starter dnelson24
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

dnelson24

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2015
Messages
20
Reaction score
0
Location
La Porte, Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thrown into this hobby two weeks ago. A friend moved out of town and left the fish tank at her old apartment. She knew I was interested in getting into salt water tanks so she called me and told me to go get it. No instructions, no help, nothing. With no knowledge I was able to break down the fish, corals, inverts and tank itself. I moved it an hour away and didn't kill anything. I have a Clarkii Clown (going to the LFS today to trade him in), Yellow Tang, Manderin Goby, Blue Diamond Goby, two ocellaris Clowns, and a serpent starfish. Mixed in are various corals (idk the names for them) and a decent clean up crew.

I have posted on here a few times already to get some helpful advice. The response was overwhelming, with replies and PM's.

I have a Biocube 29, and love the challenge of salt water so far. My 3 year old son loves it and that enough for me. I'm already dreaming about a bigger tank.....
 
Awesome and nice to meet you! Welcome!
 
Welcome from fishers indiana!
 
Welcome to R2R
 
Great to have you and welcome to the community!
 
*Welcome to Reef2Reef,dnelson24!*Best of luck with your new aquarium and adoptions!
DSCF8242_zps5797234_edit_1424182792330_zpsv82rzoa_edit_1426280392421.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new