Northern Virginia LFS

nickp9054

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I live in NOVA, and have found two lfs to be very helpful: Supreme Reefs, and Reef eSCAPE. But I am always looking for more. Anyone that lives on NOVA have any suggestions?

malacoda

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Capital Aquarium in Manassas is worth checking out. They always had a decent selection of frozen foods on hand, nice corals, and a nice rotating selection of fish - wild, captive raised and captive bred.

Just before I moved further south in June, they had also begun to quarantine their fish before making them available for sale.

Frogspon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is Blue Ribbon Koi near by? Inappropriate Reefer stops by there in his vids and it looks nice.

Sarlindescent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is also quantum reefs in Springfield. If you are up for a drive, I prefer coral dragon in Strasburg, they may require appointment. CD runs facebook auctions, eBay, and a website.

Wamas forums are pretty good as well for corals. Some craigslist add from time to time.

Imo, the best corals are coral dragon, then supreme reefs, then blue ribbon. Rest after that are about the same for selection.

For fish, my top choice is reef escape.

There is also fintastic in frederick and there is one in one in Bethesda near the microcenter, don't remember the name.

ScubaSkeets

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Quicklynx

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is also quantum reefs in Springfield. If you are up for a drive, I prefer coral dragon in Strasburg, they may require appointment. CD runs facebook auctions, eBay, and a website.

Wamas forums are pretty good as well for corals. Some craigslist add from time to time.

Imo, the best corals are coral dragon, then supreme reefs, then blue ribbon. Rest after that are about the same for selection.

For fish, my top choice is reef escape.

There is also fintastic in frederick and there is one in one in Bethesda near the microcenter, don't remember the name.
The one in Bethesda/Rockville is Congressional

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back