Not a question, just something I want to say

dexterie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(Sorry if I can't post something like this here)

I'd like to thank all the people here at R2R who spent a bit of their time to help me with my noob questions :)

I've been keeping freshwater tanks for over 20 years (with long breaks) and now that I decided to take the plunge and start with saltwater, I felt overwhelmed. Things are a lot more complex/complicated (or maybe it's because I'm new and I know freshwater lol) and this forum has been amazing!
I found it by luck. I think I was googling something and BAM...I got to a thread where someone was asking the very same question and I thought "I want to register here too!". So glad I did.

Sometimes it's hard for me to express my doubts as I'm not a native English speaker, but you guys do a great job.

So: thank you for all your help and being people who are respectful towards others who do rookies mistakes. You find some harsh people on other forums...unfortunately.

I hope I learn and learn so I can pay it forward someday :)

And yeah, I'm sure I'll have way more questions down the line ;Shy

Michael Cronmiller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We all make rookie mistakes...and thanks for the thanks...glad you found the best place for help and info out there... everyone here has been super helpful and friendly to me as well.... I forward the thanks myself...glad to have you aboard....we're all in the same boat so to speak cheers and reef on[emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482][emoji482]

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So glad you received the help needed and please don't be afraid to ask additional questions when needed. As you've found, this is a great group of hobbyists willing and able to help, at all levels.

OP
OP
D

dexterie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A+^^^^^^^^^^
And reef on. BTW i'm from Poland and my English hmmmmmm not 2 good either;Wideyed;):)
oh wow! A fellow European! :)
I'm Portuguese, currently living in Belgium.
Then I guess you know what I mean... Thinking in Portuguese, asking/reading in English here and then...going to the LFS and having to shake it all up and look for things/ask in French... Priceless :D

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then I guess you know what I mean... Thinking in Portuguese, asking/reading in English here and then...going to the LFS and having to shake it all up and look for things/ask in French... Priceless :D
Tell me about:D

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
(Sorry if I can't post something like this here)

I'd like to thank all the people here at R2R who spent a bit of their time to help me with my noob questions :)

I've been keeping freshwater tanks for over 20 years (with long breaks) and now that I decided to take the plunge and start with saltwater, I felt overwhelmed. Things are a lot more complex/complicated (or maybe it's because I'm new and I know freshwater lol) and this forum has been amazing!
I found it by luck. I think I was googling something and BAM...I got to a thread where someone was asking the very same question and I thought "I want to register here too!". So glad I did.

Sometimes it's hard for me to express my doubts as I'm not a native English speaker, but you guys do a great job.

So: thank you for all your help and being people who are respectful towards others who do rookies mistakes. You find some harsh people on other forums...unfortunately.

I hope I learn and learn so I can pay it forward someday :)

And yeah, I'm sure I'll have way more questions down the line ;Shy
Hey! Lets see the tank =)

KJ

Lone Wolf
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any pic yet:D

OP
OP
D

dexterie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey! Lets see the tank =)
There's "nothing" happening there yet. Entering now week 3 and, as the parameters seem to be ok, I will add snails/shrimp this week.
Might change the rocks too. I'll see :)
I don't want to disturb it for now.

Anyway, just a Red Sea max nano. Nothing wow :)

IMG_2891.JPG

OP
OP
D

dexterie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking tank. Go slow no need to rush.;)

Yes, I'm taking my time. I'm no longer the 12 year old kid who wanted all the fish in the world for his brand new freshwater tank ;)

(And thanks.. it's just a nano... it's all I can have for now. Pales in comparison to the amazing tanks you find online lol)

CNDReef

Formally Toomanyfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'm Portuguese as well living in the USA

dbl

It Takes Less Energy to be Nice
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks great...I love the aquascape.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad you feel the way you do, we strive to be welcoming and professional. We welcome any questions you have, we are a place of learning and advancement of the hobby. :)

Sabellafella

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
There's "nothing" happening there yet. Entering now week 3 and, as the parameters seem to be ok, I will add snails/shrimp this week.
Might change the rocks too. I'll see :)
I don't want to disturb it for now.

Anyway, just a Red Sea max nano. Nothing wow :)

IMG_2891.JPG
Looks wonderfull!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back