Not a question, just something I want to say

johnzena

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's "nothing" happening there yet. Entering now week 3 and, as the parameters seem to be ok, I will add snails/shrimp this week.
Might change the rocks too. I'll see :)
I don't want to disturb it for now.

Anyway, just a Red Sea max nano. Nothing wow :)

IMG_2891.JPG
I like the rock formation.

XNavyDiver

Insightful answer loading... please wait.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh wow! A fellow European! :)
I'm Portuguese, currently living in Belgium.
Then I guess you know what I mean... Thinking in Portuguese, asking/reading in English here and then...going to the LFS and having to shake it all up and look for things/ask in French... Priceless :D
That's impressive actually.

Forsaken77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(Sorry if I can't post something like this here)

I'd like to thank all the people here at R2R who spent a bit of their time to help me with my noob questions :)

I've been keeping freshwater tanks for over 20 years (with long breaks) and now that I decided to take the plunge and start with saltwater, I felt overwhelmed. Things are a lot more complex/complicated (or maybe it's because I'm new and I know freshwater lol) and this forum has been amazing!
I found it by luck. I think I was googling something and BAM...I got to a thread where someone was asking the very same question and I thought "I want to register here too!". So glad I did.

Sometimes it's hard for me to express my doubts as I'm not a native English speaker, but you guys do a great job.

So: thank you for all your help and being people who are respectful towards others who do rookies mistakes. You find some harsh people on other forums...unfortunately.

I hope I learn and learn so I can pay it forward someday :)

And yeah, I'm sure I'll have way more questions down the line ;Shy

This is by far the best saltwater, marine, reef forum around. All of the people here are very friendly and respectful, even if they have differing opinions on things. There's so many forums where people are childish, rude, or criticize you for asking a newbie question. How else are people going to learn if no one is willing to help them when they start out?

Glad you found this place. And don't worry about the language, the whole world will eventually be speaking English anyway, lol. But seriously, you never have to feel you're asking a stupid question here.

5altkreep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And its not " just a nano".
Its the beginning of your first reef!
Nano tanks, and "pico" tanks can be just as amazing. Happy Reefing!

Purpletank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's "nothing" happening there yet. Entering now week 3 and, as the parameters seem to be ok, I will add snails/shrimp this week.
Might change the rocks too. I'll see :)
I don't want to disturb it for now.

Anyway, just a Red Sea max nano. Nothing wow :)

IMG_2891.JPG

It's everything Wow! Looking good. You are being patient. Taking one step at a time, researching and asking questions. That's all Wow!

OP
OP
D

dexterie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's everything Wow! Looking good. You are being patient. Taking one step at a time, researching and asking questions. That's all Wow!
Thanks.
In the end, I still didn't add the shrimps or anything. Didn't have the time for it and I wanted to take my time. I'll do it tomorrow :)
I know for sure I want a turbo snail. I just like them (they look like aqua-cows lol). With it/them, a shrimp and then wait.

I want to do things as it should be. It's not like I have to set the tank and show it to someone :)

USMC4Life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh wow! A fellow European! :)
I'm Portuguese, currently living in Belgium.
Then I guess you know what I mean... Thinking in Portuguese, asking/reading in English here and then...going to the LFS and having to shake it all up and look for things/ask in French... Priceless :D

I'm also European (I refer to myself as Euro-trash) lol but Iv been in US for about 30 years. Lol

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back