Not enough light?

Nick Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These star gazers have been in the tank for a few weeks. Started in this position and kept getting knocked down by my hermit so I placed them in the sand for a week before I had a chance to glue them down. After glueing they have started to stretch a little. They are about 16” from the light 8-10” is under water. They have thrown off two new heads so they seem to be happy.

JF stargazers
48D2FC8E-3F83-4E99-BB61-FBE19C3967CA.jpeg

Here is my light schedule
9CF8A3D0-6041-4AEE-A64F-7799AF7F8837.png

ReeferDan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In most cases Zoa reaching is due to not enough light, but in some cases can be a nutrient issue. If you have tested your levels and they’re good then definitely a light issue. I used to have mine at the bottom in sandbed and they stretched and now they sit towards the top of the tank and don’t stretch.

Brokereefer603

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are doing well and naturally producing more I say leave it be its happy. Based on that pic it likes where it is. I have this happen in my display too. I have an arch of rock that sits in the middle point of my tank. There is about 25 different types of zoas on there. 5-6 stretch out and the others don't. They are all happy.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.7%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 83 48.0%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 54 31.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.9%

Back