Not good day for the reef:(

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my gold torch seems to be melting away or something. I did a witch hazel bath followed by a iodine dip. Hope it helps. And after that I was cleaning the dry salt off my lights and lids and hurd a fish splashing around. My yellow chorus wrass went kamikaze on me. I had ***** time reaching behind the tank to grab him. But when I got him he was covered in dust and stuff. So I rinsed him off and throw him back in and he's just been laying on the bottom breathing heavy hopefully he'll come back and make it. Just needed to vent little bit.
16185223190858252668209215772304.jpg
16185224070418274453801245147782.jpg

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try Cipro for the torch, looks like it could be brown jelly. Cipro is the only treatment I’ve heard success with if it is bjd....but it looks like you only have a day or so before it’s too far gone. Could ask a local vet if no stores have it on hand.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sure your GT not being stung in the middle of the night when sweeper tentacles come out? Seem awfully close to others.

As far as the wrasse, if he's still breathing, you should be ok.

When you say "rinsed him off"...what does that mean? With tank water or what?

OP
OP
jordan10

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could try Cipro for the torch, looks like it could be brown jelly. Cipro is the only treatment I’ve heard success with if it is bjd....but it looks like you only have a day or so before it’s too far gone. Could ask a local vet if no stores have it on hand.
K thanks I'll look into that. Idk if it's bjd because it's really not melting away or jellying away.

OP
OP
jordan10

jordan10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You sure your GT not being stung in the middle of the night when sweeper tentacles come out? Seem awfully close to others.

As far as the wrasse, if he's still breathing, you should be ok.

When you say "rinsed him off"...what does that mean? With tank water or what?
No nothing stinging it it's only by other torches. And the fish is a goner. And yes I rinsed it off with tank water and turkey baster lol

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
K thanks I'll look into that. Idk if it's bjd because it's really not melting away or jellying away.
Hmm...maybe it’s just the pic, but I swear I can see the beginning of bjd. In the pic where it has retracted from the skeleton, it looks like brown dead tissue (bjd).....

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 47 54.7%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 7 8.1%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 3.5%
Back