Not happy with the Fluval PS1 skimmer

tritter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have installed a Fluval PS1 Skimmer into my Fluval 32.5 tank and after a few months, I am not happy with the product. Does anyone recommend a better alternative that will fit into the chamber like the PS1

Thanks

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What about it are you not happy with? :) Could it be a matter of adjustment? Something we can maybe help you with..

Describe your issue, then you might very well save a bit of money!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... and welcome to R2R!

Episode 4 Nbc GIF by Brooklyn Nine-Nine

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its too undersized for a 32 gallon. On my 32 gallon I was using the Aquamaxx 1.5 hob skimmer, rated for 30-50 gallon tanks, its a very good unit. I don't know what size your chamber is, but have a look a bubble magus curve units, they are slim, inexpensive, and they are work beasts.

OP
OP
T

tritter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think its too undersized for a 32 gallon. On my 32 gallon I was using the Aquamaxx 1.5 hob skimmer, rated for 30-50 gallon tanks, its a very good unit. I don't know what size your chamber is, but have a look a bubble magus curve units, they are slim, inexpensive, and they are work beasts.
Thanks for the info !!

brettory

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you decide? I’ve been looking at eshopps and the IM bioskim for my Fluval 32.5.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you decide? I’ve been looking at eshopps and the IM bioskim for my Fluval 32.5.
Check these out very carefully before spending the money, very easy to waste money on lousy products and then need to spend more money to replace with a good unit.

I never heard of the bioskim skimmer, and looking at the price point being the same as the fluval ps1, I would not expect it to perform better than the fluval ps1.

I just googled the eshops nano skimmer, and its rated for 10-30 gallons, again, I wouldn't pay for this.

Get something rated for 50 gallons, and better to pay for good quality product, or else don't get a skimmer at all, many folks run tanks without a skimmer.

OP
OP
T

tritter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up staying with the Fluval skimmer, it takes time to understand what the right height adjustments are for the entire skimmer and the cup. It actually works really well now just need time to play with it

moskalenko2017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up staying with the Fluval skimmer, it takes time to understand what the right height adjustments are for the entire skimmer and the cup. It actually works really well now just need time to play with it
How did you get it to work in your Fluval 32.5? I have the same tank and skimmer, and the water doesn’t go up to the line the directions say the water needs to be at. And the foam doesn’t reach the intake cup /:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 56.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.7%
Back