• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Not impressed at all with my recent order...

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recieved 5 fish today. They were delivered around 11am. I ordered 3 evansi anthias, a McCoscker's flasher wrasse and a diamond watchmen goby.

Two of the Evansi anthias were doa. One of them had a big chunk missing from its side like something had taken a bite out of it and the other was stiff as a board. I seriously doubt they were even alive when they were shipped out yesterday as when I went to look on the site they were out of stock.

The wrasse was floating on its side curled up and the other evansi was barely moving also.

After acclimating them the diamond watchmen goby seems to be acting normal but the other two are not looking well so far.

So to say I am really disappointed is an understatement. If this is the direction that petco, I mean live aquaria is headed then count me out.

Also the new policy is crap. You can only recieve store credit for doa fish. I mean really? I spent a couple of hundred dollars and sent the pictures of the doa fish as soon as they were delivered.

Last edited:

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recieved 5 fish today. They were delivered around 11am. I ordered 3 evansi anthias, a McCoscker's flasher wrasse and a diamond watchmen goby.

Two of the Evansi anthias were doa. One of them had a big chunk missing from its side like something had taken a bite out of it and the other was stiff as a board. I seriously doubt they were even alive when they were shipped out yesterday as when I went to look on the site they were out of stock.

The wrasse was floating on its side curled up and the other evansi was barely moving also.

After acclimating them the diamond watchmen goby seems to be acting normal but the other two are not looking well so far.

So to say I am really disappointed is an understatement. If this is the direction that petco, I mean live aquaria is headed then count me out.

Also the new policy is crap. You can only recieve store credit for doa fish. I mean really? I spent a couple of hundred dollars and sent the pictures of the doa fish as soon as they were delivered.
We are truly sorry for your negative experience with LiveAquaria. We do appreciate the feedback and we do pass it along to help improve our process. Please feel free to contact one of our agents at 1-800-334-3699. Thank you.

OP
OP
TheOne

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are the two doa. Unfortunately my 3 year old was with me and excited for the new additions until I had to take the pictures of the doa fish per live aquaria policy.

20191119_110840.jpg 20191119_110829.jpg

OP
OP
TheOne

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other thing is they will not let you use the store credit towards free shipping. So you have to spend the store credit plus another $149 to recieve free shipping.

Probably just dispute it with my CC. If I wanted dead fish I could just order sushi for alot less.

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread has been moved to vendor feedback. Outside comments are not permitted. This is to keep a clean slate for @TheOne and @LiveAquaria to hopefully come to a resolution. You may, however, post a link to your own feedback in regards to the same vendor.

Thank you,

Crabs

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @TheOne. Thank you for your reply to our message. We will reach out to you today to discuss your concerns with your recent order.

Thank you,

LiveAquaria

OP
OP
TheOne

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update,

So the flasher wrasse was dead today. I had to take my rock work out to find it. I haven't seen the goby or evansi and I'm not tearing out 100 lbs of rock to find them.

I havent recieved any feedback or help from live aquaria either. I was told I would recieve a partial refund but still nothing....

20191122_164558.jpg

OP
OP
TheOne

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a video of my tank. I WILL NOT be placing another order with Live Aquaria.

OP
OP
TheOne

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also would like to apologize on behalf of reef2reef for all of the posts that were deleted from other members who posted in this thread with similar experiences.

LiveAquaria

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update,

So the flasher wrasse was dead today. I had to take my rock work out to find it. I haven't seen the goby or evansi and I'm not tearing out 100 lbs of rock to find them.

I havent recieved any feedback or help from live aquaria either. I was told I would recieve a partial refund but still nothing....

20191122_164558.jpg
@TheOne Very sorry to hear of the loss of the Flasher Wrasse. We will use this image and go ahead and process the credit of $42.79 to your customer file.
We apologize, however, we did try to call you regarding the loss of the Evansi Anthias x2, although unable to leave a voicemail. We followed up with an email on the 20th and explained that a refund in the amount of $64.18 was initiated, please note--visibility to this refund may take 3-5 business days.

OP
OP
TheOne

TheOne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update: This was disputed with paypal and decided in my favor. I will do business elsewhere from now on. Have a blessed day. ;)

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 140 88.1%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.7%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back