Not rolling as before?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I changed my red sea roller matt fleece yesterday. This is my first time changing the fleece, it went well. However i noticed that i am not rolling as before. At all. I used to roll hourly 0.6-0.6” hourly. And i average around 16-17” a day. However after i changed the fleece i am rolling today wayyyy less. Like i rolled 0.3” the whole day so far?. Why this weird behavior?

I attached a picture before, and after changing the fleece. Also my settings in the app is 0.2-0.4 the lowest possible for system fluctuations.

IMG_8293.png IMG_8297.png

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happened to me recently. My issue was that one of the red bars on the Mat Retainer had got bent and was causing the fleece to get slight folds. This resulted in the fleece getting slightly misaligned which allows unfiltered water to get through the Reefmat. You should check to make sure your fleece is not misaligned and therefor letting water through without getting filtered. I currently have a case in progress with RedSea customer service.

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same thing happened to me recently. My issue was that one of the red bars on the Mat Retainer had got bent and was causing the fleece to get slight folds. This resulted in the fleece getting slightly misaligned which allows unfiltered water to get through the Reefmat. You should check to make sure your fleece is not misaligned and therefor letting water through without getting filtered. I currently have a case in progress with RedSea customer service.
What red bars? I have nothing bent

C_AWOL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What red bars? I have nothing bent
I think he means that your fleece might have a kink it it somewhere which causes water to bypass excessively.

Assuming no settimgs changes, it's possible that there isn't much for the fleece to catch with the entire inner section being clean now (vs some being dirty before) so the fleece just does its maintanence rolls to attemp removing some caught up stuff.
Screenshot_20231119_115410_ReefBeat.png Screenshot_20231119_115458_ReefBeat.png
Examples of 2 of mine with significantly different bioloads after a change (not sure why its taking a while to retreive logs today)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back