Not Shy: How many of you like to create new topic and discussion threads?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Today I'm thinking about all you community members who regularly start new threads/topics and wondering what makes you tick!

Are you one who likes to create new thread topics/discussions?

Is it because you need answers or because you like to get good discussions going or what is it?

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to get discussions going. Even if I know a topic very well, I like to see other perspectives. Sometimes I learn a new way to do something that I never thought of before. Plus conversing with others about reefing is fun. I also like to get Reefers motivated and thinking about their tanks.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I'm thinking about all you community members who regularly start new threads/topics and wondering what makes you tick!

Are you one who likes to create new thread topics/discussions?

Is it because you need answers or because you like to get good discussions going or what is it?
I like answers in regard to present problems and for possible future ones. Sometimes actually quite a few times I don't get an answer at all. Probably because the question is too specific Which leaves me to the mercy of you tube however sometimes the information is invaluable

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't go as far as to say, new thread topics has been discussed in many different threads and a simple search will find what you're looking for.

As far as creating yet another thread on the same topic, I don't know what makes that person tick. I would guess that it's the ability to ask questions they feel are specific to them and the ability to have a personal discussion.

If you're asking about the pondering question threads, "what's your favorite..." , if you had unlimited resources..." I think that's derrived from boredom and some people can argue, it simply feels the air with noises.

I think we all know that's good for r2r because it drives up viewership, and we know what that equates to... and thus the purpose of the question.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like to get discussions going. Even if I know a topic very well, I like to see other perspectives. Sometimes I learn a new way to do something that I never thought of before. Plus conversing with others about reefing is fun. I also like to get Reefers motivated and thinking about their tanks.

This is good stuff! Thank you!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I like answers in regard to present problems and for possible future ones. Sometimes actually quite a few times I don't get an answer at all. Probably because the question is too specific Which leaves me to the mercy of you tube however sometimes the information is invaluable

Very good info. If you can remember it would be neat to see an example of one that was harder to get an answer for.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't go as far as to say, new thread topics has been discussed in many different threads and a simple search will find what you're looking for.

As far as creating yet another thread on the same topic, I don't know what makes that person tick. I would guess that it's the ability to ask questions they feel are specific to them and the ability to have a personal discussion.

If you're asking about the pondering question threads, "what's your favorite..." , if you had unlimited resources..." I think that's derrived from boredom and some people can argue, it simply feels the air with noises.

I think we all know that's good for r2r because it drives up viewership, and we know what that equates to... and thus the purpose of the question.
Instead of searching for an existing thread it has to be applicable to your situation. I prefer to be guided to a link by someone that knows what I'm talking about ie asking

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Thanks for your perspective. I tend to disagree a little but understand why you think like you do.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Instead of searching for an existing thread it has to be applicable to your situation. I prefer to be guided to a link by someone that knows what I'm talking about ie asking

Plus methods and answers change sometimes so new answers to old questions are good as well. Plus someone who has the same question or issue as you, but is to shy to post about it, may get the answer they need. They may also not understand how search works.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Sisterlimonpot

Effortless Perfection
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
That was my point. You can search a topic and feel that the information doesn't quite fit your situation, so you create an environment that allows you to engage in a more personal way.

Freenow54

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your perspective. I tend to disagree a little but understand why you think like you do.
Another thing is that sometimes the link provided shows all the articles that that individual has written. Then Im good for a long time going down all sorts of rabbit holes and learning. Also sometimes you just don't know how to ask the question properly due to ignorance. I don't mind being corrected or set straight although I do have a bad habit of getting people to explain further or qualifying themselves if not an obvious expert

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not as much as I would like. I like to start new threads on questions I have, but most of the time I search and find that same question asked a bunch of times in the past.
I mostly do A LOT of reading.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you’re passionate about the hobby. I love seeing other people’s reefs and people making their own stuff. And members helping each other. Posts of problems and success in the hobby. I post to share my experiences and new projects . And hopefully someone might find it interesting . But I have learned a lot from r2r members

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 28.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back