• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Not so good transaction

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

PANONHAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hello everyone last week 3/7/18 I supposedly purchased 2 Sicce power heads from username " Jaculus ". I say supposedly because I have sent the money via PayPal, but I still have not received the equipment and at this point I am not sure if I will. the conversation via IM went very well with the seller promising me to send the tracking number either that evening or the following morning. I gave him 2 full day prior to even sending him another IM, but no tracking number. I also stupidly made the mistake of being pretty nice and paying him via friends/family so that he wouldn't get hit with any fees, he seemed honest enough. as of today I have not heard back from him, but I do see that he is online posting on Triton threads. I really don't like to trash people, but have the common decency to reply to your IM's or keep your word and send the information out as promised. I though the hobby was about sharing experiences, helping others out, and being honest. I have purchased and traded a lot of thing on R2R as well as other Reef sites and have not had an issue like this before. I guess its a lesson learned for me. I sure hope the money makes a difference in his life and is worth tainting his name.

thanks for the ear everyone

Jaculus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just refunded AND I am shipping the pumps now. I've been in this hobby form many years, I am not a scammer. 70+ hours per week at work, some minor family issues, and some major health issues occurred during the last couple weeks. I went off the grid as far as R2R is concerned, turned off all notices etc. Even ignored most of my personal emails for a while. The pumps were still in the Priority Mail Flat Rate box with no label since the day these sold.

Let me just say I do regret this. Even with plenty of reasons its no excuse to not ship something and especially with no follow up communication after the sale. I am not a rich person, nor am I poor but for the record the reasons for not shipping this had nothing to do with money. I often give stuff to fellow reefers locally.

OP
OP
P

PANONHAS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
In the end as I mentioned, all I asked for was communication from you. You posted in Triton Forum 2 days after the transaction so I think you could have found time to reply to my PM. What am I suppose to think after a week of no response and no equipment being shipped.

Jaculus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's all ok,, I am the one that did not respond, I am the one that went off the grid to take care of my personal life and left R2R and a few other things hanging. As I said above you have your refund and I will ship the pumps anyhow today. I will provide the shipping as soon as I can stop at the post office on the way to work So you will have free pumps for waiting a week (maybe 8 days?)

Back