Not so new, but new

  • Thread starter Thread starter desagon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

desagon

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 28, 2019
Messages
196
Reaction score
376
Location
Metro Detroit
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I'm Alex and I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have been in and out of this hobby for the last 10 years and that is primarily due to multiple cross country moves. While I didn't always have a tank that was up and running over the years, I did "lurk" the threads from time to time trying to gain knowledge in the hobby as well as staying up to date with advances. I resisted the urge over the years to start a profile not knowing if I may stay in the hobby or not, but alas, I am here and have settled in to my new home and I'm ready to enjoy the hobby in a whole new way.
In April of 2018, I pulled the trigger and set up my tank that I've been hauling with me all over the country. It's a custom built 100 gallon from Great Lakes Aquariums. That company was based in the metro Detroit area and they are no longer around. The dimensions are 36" long, 24" wide and 26" high. At the time I purchased the tank, it seemed like it was perfect. Looking now, I should've gone larger. Oh well.
Anyways, it's a basic build with a sump underneath stocked with discounted equipment from ebay and Bulk Reef Supply. It's something simple that I'm currently satisfied with until I am ready to upgrade and start a build thread. Maybe. Til then, I am going to gather as much information from R2R as I can so that I can get the most out of this hobby.
 
Welcome to R2R Alex and thanks for saying hello :)
tenor.gif
#WelcometoR2R
 
Hello, I'm Alex and I live in Cincinnati, Ohio. I have been in and out of this hobby for the last 10 years and that is primarily due to multiple cross country moves. While I didn't always have a tank that was up and running over the years, I did "lurk" the threads from time to time trying to gain knowledge in the hobby as well as staying up to date with advances. I resisted the urge over the years to start a profile not knowing if I may stay in the hobby or not, but alas, I am here and have settled in to my new home and I'm ready to enjoy the hobby in a whole new way.
In April of 2018, I pulled the trigger and set up my tank that I've been hauling with me all over the country. It's a custom built 100 gallon from Great Lakes Aquariums. That company was based in the metro Detroit area and they are no longer around. The dimensions are 36" long, 24" wide and 26" high. At the time I purchased the tank, it seemed like it was perfect. Looking now, I should've gone larger. Oh well.
Anyways, it's a basic build with a sump underneath stocked with discounted equipment from ebay and Bulk Reef Supply. It's something simple that I'm currently satisfied with until I am ready to upgrade and start a build thread. Maybe. Til then, I am going to gather as much information from R2R as I can so that I can get the most out of this hobby.
WELCOME!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new