Not sure what’s wrong (clownfish)

Asserted

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 17, 2026
Messages
22
Reaction score
11
What state or country do you live in
Nevada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got this fish about 3 weeks ago from a store that keeps copper in tanks for diseases and gets from a reputable local breeder. All tank conditions are stable besides some Dino’s that I’m working on ridding with silicate dosing and UV. Added a second bag of carbon and ordered a microscope to see if it’s the toxin Dino’s. Just started acting weird today in a spot not normally in. Noticed some discoloration, but resolved later in the day and she will not eat. Have ruby red on the way as well just in case. Should I put her in other tank that just finished cycling incase of low oxygen? Also made sure to have lots of agitation.

Alk 8
Ammonia 0
Nitrate 2
Phos barely detectable now

 
 
Fins clamped, wobbly swim pattern and loss of color suggests early Brooklynella and copper wont cure this. Treat with Ruby Rally Pro and Ruby takes a little longer and initial treatment generally takes 2-3 days to really start going to work.
 
Fins clamped, wobbly swim pattern and loss of color suggests early Brooklynella and copper wont cure this. Treat with Ruby Rally Pro and Ruby takes a little longer and initial treatment generally takes 2-3 days to really start going to work.
Ruby on the way, been about 14 hours since I noticed. No progression. Actually, seemed to get better.
 
Ruby on the way, been about 14 hours since I noticed. No progression. Actually, seemed to get better.

I agree - this looks like the start of Brooklynella.
 
Lights turned on today and she has made a recovery with no intervention. Ruby reef shows up today. She is back to eating and swimming properly around the tank. I have no idea what was wrong with her as she did not have mucus buildup.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new