Not the time of year for Live Aquaria

Swoody

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is becoming obvious that ordering livestock around this time of year is a crap-shoot...(unless you can get delivery service like A prime!). I will wait until after the holidays are well past before ordering anything on-line now and in the future. (and I am sooooo waiting for a pair of Bellus Angels to show on DD!!!)

OP
OP
reeferfoxx

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone ordered from Blue Zoo recently?

Yep, I also got a C. Laboutei and P. flavianalis from them last week. Very well packaged and good looking specimens. See my video in the wrasse lovers thread.

I did place an order with Blue Zoo since temp are above 40deg. However with increased volumn, my fish is stuck in Memphis till further notice. Im very worried but Blue Zoo sent me a message explaining the delay and reassuring me they package their fish for 2-4 days of travel. Although i dont think the little guy will arrive alive, I do appreciate their efforts in making things less stressful. We will see...
Update: Took roughly 48 hair pulling hours to get my fish from fedex. But I'm surprisingly happy to say the little guy arrived alive! Although slightly stressed, he is active, colorful and acclimating nicely. Got a QT ready and waiting.

Blue Zoo's packaging was superb. Smaller box, Large quadrupled up bag, perfectly placed heat pack and acclimation kit with food!

I've ordered this time of year in past years, never once have I had an issue. I hope LA fixes their issues. I can't say I won't order from them again.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Last edited:

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back