Not today, sneaky GSP, not today.

  • Thread starter Thread starter PotatoPig
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PotatoPig

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2023
Messages
1,474
Reaction score
1,474
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my back wall GSP has sent an adventurer out to try sneak on to the main rockwork…

Any way to prevent this in general, or just generally have to keep an eye out?

IMG_0848.jpeg
 
Kill all of it while you still can. Same thing happened to me and now it's unstoppable.
 
I have GSP on its own rock and I think it is really cool coral, nice green when happy:

1717897928416.jpeg


It branches out. This GSP has been on this rock for 6 years, I
have not seen it send out any bits anywhere.

Perhaps they shed parts when unhappy….

I use it as indicator, when something is off the polyps are retracted:
1717898178141.jpeg


I would not put it on the main rock work.
 
I have GSP on its own rock and I think it is really cool coral, nice green when happy:

1717897928416.jpeg


It branches out. This GSP has been on this rock for 6 years, I
have not seen it send out any bits anywhere.

Perhaps they shed parts when unhappy….

I use it as indicator, when something is off the polyps are retracted:
1717898178141.jpeg


I would not put it on the main rock work.
Interesting - there’s a piece of mine that a BTA has taken up residence next to, perhaps that’s where the stray piece came from.
 
Interesting - there’s a piece of mine that a BTA has taken up residence next to, perhaps that’s where the stray piece came from.
Perhaps, GSP from my experience will overtake/ outgrow most corals.
Favia are the only corals that can keep GSP in check.
This favia is next to it:
1717900755256.jpeg

And this favia is on the other side of it:
1717900948500.jpeg


I am sure there are other corals that can keep GSP in check.

I do trim my GSP and if I see some branches crossing the sand they get torn off.

This is what I mean by branches, what the GSP looks like when polyps are fully retracted:
1717901245839.jpeg

In my opinion interesting structure.
 
everytime you say that about GSP you give me the willies. and i have to go over and check mine. :grimacing-face:
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new