NOVUS haze residual

Diane Matten

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 31, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
fairfax
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I sanded and buffed all the scratches in a 30gl acrylic tank, used NOVUS 3, 2, 1 system. Looked great. I then filled it with water and over the next few hours, a haze formed on the surface. I emptied the tank, used #1 again to rebuff, but still can't get some of the haze out. Also afraid to refill it (that's a lot of water!) only to have it re-haze. Any thoughts on what is going on?
 
One is just a cleaner it won’t get scratches out.. did you wet sand the acrylic before polishing it? It sounds like sand scratches but couldn’t give a honest answer without seeing pics of the tank and the problem areas.
 
Upvote 0

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new