NPS Tank 20g? Suncorals

Outatime

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all

I have several Sun corals and a few Dendros that I currently have on frag racks in my 130 Waterbox, I am really pleased with the progress they have made whilst I have had them and want to move them to a dedicated NPS tank. I am currently removing the Sun corals from the tank and covering them with mysis, reef roids and a little flake food combo and they love it. I am wondering what sort of filters I would need for a 20g Waterbox cube....its about the only space I have left so can't go larger. I am worried about the left over food causing issues, I am thinking a small cleanup crew would be good with no thieving shrimp. What else should I run in this new tank to help keep nitrates low and provide good filteration? I am sure over time once they all open at once I may not need as much food but right now that isn't happening. Any advice would be very welcome. Thank you.

Reefing Madness

Carbon Doser
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1685052177682.png

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're going to just have to do frequent water changes to reduce the nitrates. The CUC will consume leftover food and some detritus and algae but they can't remove a chemical compound from an enclosed tank of water. You're right in thinking that after they're trained it'll be easier to feed them more efficiently and reduce excess food from entering the water column...certain NPS such as black sun corals have a particularly big appetite regardless though.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 41.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back