Nuked my tank

Sashaka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used 3 doses and nothing has happend.

I think it all depends on what kind of coral one has, how slow or fast one increases the Vibrant dosage to get to the desired level, and how high a dose is regularly administered. When I stopped dosing, I immediately had a cyano bloom. IME, whenever I dose a product, no matter what it is, I throw off chemistry in a way that causes a different problem to arise. Whenever possible, I try to find the root problem and fix that rather than put a band-aid on the problem by dosing.

William Mumford

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it all depends on what kind of coral one has, how slow or fast one increases the Vibrant dosage to get to the desired level, and how high a dose is regularly administered. When I stopped dosing, I immediately had a cyano bloom. IME, whenever I dose a product, no matter what it is, I throw off chemistry in a way that causes a different problem to arise. Whenever possible, I try to find the root problem and fix that rather than put a band-aid on the problem by dosing.

I mean nothing has happened same amount of algee.

Greg P

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dug, thanks for sharing, and so sorry to read of your losses.
I've seen enough of these kinds of threads that I've been completely turned off their products.
Sorry I can't give you any info to turn things around, aside from massive WCs and carbon to remove whatever is in your tank from the bottles.
I haven't used carbon on a regular basis for over 4 years, and because of this I'd recommend you perform another large WC after removing your last batch of carbon to replenish elements removed.
My yellow tang had HLLE even with very decent carbon filtration elements. Since I stopped using carbon all is good.

Anyway, get those elements back in the tank after the carbon is out.

OP
OP
dugthefish

dugthefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that. Vibrant did get rid of my hair algae when I had it in the BioCube. It didn't do much on the Bryopsis.
It's weird, it killed my bubble alage but not the hair

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back