Nutrient help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ross
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ross

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
305
Reaction score
229
Location
Lubbock Tx
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever keep damsels in a group. I am running a 65g with 7 fish, absolutely cannot get nitrates and phosphates above 0 without dosing KNO3. My sps are starved. I am debating running full zeovit or trying to add a bunch of damsels to get my nutrients to the right level. I have dosed KNO3 for months and it gets my nitrates off 0, but doesn't seem to do much else. I have played around with dosing acro power and it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

ALK stays low 7s
Cal stays high 300-low 400s
Mag 1240
nitrates and phosphates stay 0.

All salifert and hanna test kits. Tank has been running for about 3 years.
 
Have you ever tried Oyster feast? I've been dosing a teaspoon(sometimes 2) almost every night in my 60 cube and it's helped me get my phosphates up a little and coral color is looking better everyday. I also get a huge feeding response from sps. Some send out those crazy looking, long, feeding tentacles
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new