Nutrient help

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ross
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ross

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 15, 2013
Messages
305
Reaction score
229
Location
Lubbock Tx
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone ever keep damsels in a group. I am running a 65g with 7 fish, absolutely cannot get nitrates and phosphates above 0 without dosing KNO3. My sps are starved. I am debating running full zeovit or trying to add a bunch of damsels to get my nutrients to the right level. I have dosed KNO3 for months and it gets my nitrates off 0, but doesn't seem to do much else. I have played around with dosing acro power and it doesn't seem to do anything at all.

ALK stays low 7s
Cal stays high 300-low 400s
Mag 1240
nitrates and phosphates stay 0.

All salifert and hanna test kits. Tank has been running for about 3 years.
 
Have you ever tried Oyster feast? I've been dosing a teaspoon(sometimes 2) almost every night in my 60 cube and it's helped me get my phosphates up a little and coral color is looking better everyday. I also get a huge feeding response from sps. Some send out those crazy looking, long, feeding tentacles
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 8.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 16 45.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 9 25.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new