Nutrition for 20 gallon mixed reef

Reefing Reefer

If you build it, reefs will come
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning and happy Friday!

my nano mixed reef has been up and running for about 10 months now, cycled with dry rock/live sand and did FOWLR for the first 5 months.

Now that I’ve added a mix of leather and a clam, LPS and SPS corals, I’ve started dosing a combination of products to feed my little ecosystem. So far everyone looks happy, but interested to hear feedback or alternatives.

Algaebarn Oceanmajik - outcompete nuisance alage, feed pods, and adding copepods for a future mandarin dragonet.
All for Reef - One part dosing, just start using this and will monitor my levels.
Polyp lab acids/plus - one drop per day, I’ve been doing this for a couple of months the and can’t say I notice a huge difference, but everyone seems happy.

I feed reef roids once a week as well.

AD346A9E-3AED-46AC-A5B4-282B3D99FBC6.jpeg

OP
OP
Reefing Reefer

Reefing Reefer

If you build it, reefs will come
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure you're gonna be able to pull off a mandarin in a 20
I’ve tried in the past and had luck initially, but my copepod population dwindled and they pretty much starved. I don’t feel like space was ever the issue and plan on having a recurring delivery of phytoplankton and pods. But I hear ya, crossing my fingers this go around.

AlgaeBarn

Marine Aquariums Made Easy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve tried in the past and had luck initially, but my copepod population dwindled and they pretty much starved. I don’t feel like space was ever the issue and plan on having a recurring delivery of phytoplankton and pods. But I hear ya, crossing my fingers this go around.
A captive bred mandarin will help so that from the beginning it will be adjusted to live food, frozen food, prepared food (like can o cyclops), and pellets :)

john92708

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a pair from Biota in my 14 AIO. they come super tiny and double in size since I got them 9 months ago. mine ate pellets the next morning. I also seed the tank with pods from AlgaeBarn but I feed them mostly TDO B2 pellets and occasional frozen. plan to start a culture of pods soon

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%

Back