Nutrition for 20 gallon mixed reef

Reefing Reefer

If you build it, reefs will come
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2020
Messages
161
Reaction score
167
Location
Sherman Oaks
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning and happy Friday!

my nano mixed reef has been up and running for about 10 months now, cycled with dry rock/live sand and did FOWLR for the first 5 months.

Now that I’ve added a mix of leather and a clam, LPS and SPS corals, I’ve started dosing a combination of products to feed my little ecosystem. So far everyone looks happy, but interested to hear feedback or alternatives.

Algaebarn Oceanmajik - outcompete nuisance alage, feed pods, and adding copepods for a future mandarin dragonet.
All for Reef - One part dosing, just start using this and will monitor my levels.
Polyp lab acids/plus - one drop per day, I’ve been doing this for a couple of months the and can’t say I notice a huge difference, but everyone seems happy.

I feed reef roids once a week as well.

AD346A9E-3AED-46AC-A5B4-282B3D99FBC6.jpeg
 
Not sure you're gonna be able to pull off a mandarin in a 20
 
Not sure you're gonna be able to pull off a mandarin in a 20
I’ve tried in the past and had luck initially, but my copepod population dwindled and they pretty much starved. I don’t feel like space was ever the issue and plan on having a recurring delivery of phytoplankton and pods. But I hear ya, crossing my fingers this go around.
 
I’ve tried in the past and had luck initially, but my copepod population dwindled and they pretty much starved. I don’t feel like space was ever the issue and plan on having a recurring delivery of phytoplankton and pods. But I hear ya, crossing my fingers this go around.
A captive bred mandarin will help so that from the beginning it will be adjusted to live food, frozen food, prepared food (like can o cyclops), and pellets :)
 
I got a pair from Biota in my 14 AIO. they come super tiny and double in size since I got them 9 months ago. mine ate pellets the next morning. I also seed the tank with pods from AlgaeBarn but I feed them mostly TDO B2 pellets and occasional frozen. plan to start a culture of pods soon
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new