Nuvo 20 build

gk0501

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 12, 2017
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First time posting after being a long time stalker... (a bit of background) My last tank was a 55 gallon reef, mostly dominated by softies and pretty low tech. This time around decided to purchase a little bit better equipment while downsizing the tank size. Decided to go with live cured rock and live sand (I'm not always the most patient person, even if this hobby requires it [emoji30]). Made this post to be able to take the extra advice of reefers that have many more years of experience than I do! So here's the equipment listing and first shots of the setup.
IMG_3448.JPG
IMG_3449.JPG
IMG_3450.JPG
IMG_3451.JPG

Equipment:
Hydor Koralia 425
A.I prime HD
JBJ auto top off
(From left to right chambers)
Filter sock
IM desktop ghost skimmer
75watt cobalt heater
And nuvo caddy with filter floss and chemi pure elite

Tank has been up and running for three weeks now and picked up two peppermint shrimp to eradicate the aptasia but seeing as I want this to be a LPS dominated tank they may have to go. Look forward to the advice and help!
 
The ai primes are good but i did end up adding a second one, no shadowing anywhere now.

Ya, I like my scape but the rock work is pretty steep which might give me a headache for my coral placement later on... I'm going to consider a second one if it proves too much.
 
Ya, I like my scape but the rock work is pretty steep which might give me a headache for my coral placement later on... I'm going to consider a second one if it proves too much.

I have similar rock work in my 29 gal, and coral placement is a pain. Make sure you have enough lighting from the side or plan to have some bare rock at the bottom.
 
any updates? Tank is looking good so far.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new