Nuvo 20 Equipment

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jon84
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jon84

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2019
Messages
6
Reaction score
19
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I have an IM Nuvo 20 that’s been up and running a year now, if you look at the attached picture of the rear chamber, in the red section I have a roller filter, in the yellow section I have 1kg of bio spheres, in the green chamber I have my heater and in the purple chamber I have a media basket.

I’ve just picked up a skimmer and also the IM UV steriliser but due to space I’m struggling to fit everything in. The UV is designed to go in either the red or purple chamber and the skimmer would fit in the yellow or green chamber. The thing is I don’t want to remove all my bio media so I need help deciding what’s most important and what should I prioritise?

My tank is a mixed reef with mainly LPS and Soft corals (I have one SPS coral). I have 6 fish and lots of shrimps, crabs and snails and I have been having issues with algae and cyano.

I have attached the most recent picture I have of my tank also.
Any advise would be really appreciated!

Thanks,
Jon

IMG_6771.jpeg IMG_6553.jpeg
 
Google "the berlin filtration method". It will explain that all the biofiltration in a salt tank is achieved with rocks and flow. Your tank has rock and powerheads so it has biofiltration, the bio rings are redundant and not necessary, so they can be removed without harm to your tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 11 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new