OP
Jacked Reefer

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you mind if I ask about your 150w 14k? I have been reading those and 20k apparently give more blue.
Not at all. I got the 14k with the fixture i purchased and it does appear pretty white. But the corals still have vibrant colors and still "glow". But with a 20k I bet you would get more of the modern reef look. Probably less par. and colors could be even better than the 14k since it would stimulate for colorful pigmentation. I'm actually contemplating on switching bulbs myself. But if it doesn't work out i wouldn't hesitate to use the phoenix 14k ever again.

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey Katrina i have been running MH for years what are your q's? They are still the GOAT the main (and also most obvious) con is just the heat.

I will be sure to tag you once that comes to light on my 40. Right now I am blasting my 10g with a 175W mogul MH.

Mystical_Knight

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any update? I also have a fusion 20 and just switched from a reef breeders Led to a 14k about 3 weeks ago

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also have the 14k Phoenix bulb in a 150w MH. Grows corals like weeds! Did you switch to the 20k, and if so what were the results?

PR_nano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently upgraded! The Nuvo crashed with 1000+ dollars of sticks in it so I took a break. Now I have a Red Sea xl200
Sorry to hear that, any picture before the crash? I recently came across a MH pendant for what sounds like a good deal but realized it's 250w. Most recommend 150w for the Nuvo or 12' height. Still tempted to grab it but will probably sit in a corner till who knows when.

I will check out your new thread.

OP
OP
Jacked Reefer

Jacked Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that, any picture before the crash? I recently came across a MH pendant for what sounds like a good deal but realized it's 250w. Most recommend 150w for the Nuvo or 12' height. Still tempted to grab it but will probably sit in a corner till who knows when.

I will check out your new thread.
No pics unfortunately. It’s a long story. I personally believe that 150w was even overkill in this height as I could not keep mushrooms or most soft coral. 250w would be a disaster imo. It would be awesome over a bigger tank though!

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 85 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%
Back