0   0   0
C4D3BA7F-247C-4453-82BA-F6E0DA7A5539.jpeg

Teaser pics till i get time later to take some better pics / closer pics

Zuma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Really filling in and looking great.

What’s the photo period of your Radions if you don’t mind me asking?

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many fish do you have in there? I’m looking for a tank that’s not too large but more so long and this looks perfect! My girlfriend likes the fish part of the hobby so to keep her happy I’m trying to find a tank that i can squeeze some cool fish into but still not be dealing with a huge tank

OP
OP
S

Sean1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Really filling in and looking great.

What’s the photo period of your Radions if you don’t mind me asking?

I’m using gen2 pros 9:30am to 9:30pm and a reefbright bar. 100% uv, royal blue and blue
15% white, red and green. Max intensity is 60%

OP
OP
S

Sean1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How many fish do you have in there? I’m looking for a tank that’s not too large but more so long and this looks perfect! My girlfriend likes the fish part of the hobby so to keep her happy I’m trying to find a tank that i can squeeze some cool fish into but still not be dealing with a huge tank

I really enjoy this tank, I have the custom sump so the filtration allows me to keep more fish then I’d normally keep. I have around 10 fish

Mordie101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really enjoy this tank, I have the custom sump so the filtration allows me to keep more fish then I’d normally keep. I have around 10 fish

What all have you been able to fit in there? If you don’t mind me asking?

OP
OP
S

Sean1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a yellow wrasse for pests, holding a small yellow tang for the moment for a buddy. Also have a pair of clownfish, yellow watchman goby, chromis, green filefish and a anthias

Use to have a 6line wrasse and a watchman goby but they both jumped in the same night making me think something spooked the fish.

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, I love this tank. It's looking really great. Awesome job on the stands too.

ps I like the beer case collection but it's missing the best IPA - Two Hearted ;-)

OP
OP
S

Sean1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow, I love this tank. It's looking really great. Awesome job on the stands too.

ps I like the beer case collection but it's missing the best IPA - Two Hearted ;-)

I have not had that one yet! I’ll have to check it out thanks for pointing out one I haven’t had yet!

Saving up some more labels for another one haha.

Your build is coming along great by the way Sam!

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not had that one yet! I’ll have to check it out thanks for pointing out one I haven’t had yet!

Saving up some more labels for another one haha.

Your build is coming along great by the way Sam!
you've been missing out, ha. enjoy.

sorry if I missed it but what did you do for the internal plumbing in the overflow box? are both of them eclipse overflow boxes? would love to see the sump for the frag tank. it must be tiny, no?

OP
OP
S

Sean1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you've been missing out, ha. enjoy.

sorry if I missed it but what did you do for the internal plumbing in the overflow box? are both of them eclipse overflow boxes? would love to see the sump for the frag tank. it must be tiny, no?

I used the eclipse large overflow for both. I did a bean animal on both but they came in different sizes so that was interesting. I had to mode the fitting on my second overflow. Meaning the two "90s" i used to make the "U" shape were to large and could not be fitted in so i used a saw to cut some excess off. After that they did fit in. Ill try and take some pics tomorrow of my overflow boxes. May not be the best of quality since i dont have much space to take pictures in.
Which over flow did u go with i noticed yours had some dividers in it.

Zuma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity what are you using to glue/attach all your frag's to the live rock in your display tank? Are you doing it all underwater?

And where did you get that amazing Cyphastrea rock?!

Racer 5 is an awesome IPA btw if you've not enjoyed one yet.

OP
OP
S

Sean1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m use these bsi glue
1C87078D-5F58-47AD-9145-8CA3DC326004.png

And I usually apply the glue outside of the tank and then put it in place..

I’ve had that rock for 2-3 years it grew from a half inch frag to Incasing most of the rock now it’s a battle between it and my gsp.

I think I have tried racer I’ll have to get it again to refresh my memory!

samnaz

Earthling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used the eclipse large overflow for both. I did a bean animal on both but they came in different sizes so that was interesting. I had to mode the fitting on my second overflow. Meaning the two "90s" i used to make the "U" shape were to large and could not be fitted in so i used a saw to cut some excess off. After that they did fit in. Ill try and take some pics tomorrow of my overflow boxes. May not be the best of quality since i dont have much space to take pictures in.
Which over flow did u go with i noticed yours had some dividers in it.
hm, you must be thinking of someone else because my doesn't have any sorta dividers. I have a Modular Marine 1,200 gph overflow, it's an older model from about a year ago. It doesn't have enough room for two U-tubes either so I'm still figuring out how to go about the internal plumbing, I might just use 2 standpipes and a strainer on the open channel and call it a day. Noise level isn't a concern, so just whatever works is good enough ;-)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back