Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning/afternoon from the tank!

54E77247-7B4B-4438-AC7C-FCC64AC78C6E.jpeg

I also added a new piece of equipment to the tank

4E05C6A1-75A0-4ABE-9716-3F0CBD6BBEC5.jpeg
0CDAEA47-A96F-4B3A-BD13-A4C467A3864C.jpeg

I am very happy with this alkatronic so far! Took some minor adjustments to dial in but is so nice to have piece of mind. This thing is usually only .1 off of my Hannah alk checker. I was tired of waiting and disappointed in Neptune systems on their side. Also got me thinking I’ve had an apex for a month now. Had to do a hard reboot and reprogram of my outlets. And another time I came home to all of my sockets on my power strip randomly turning on and off and neptunes was of little help on customer service side.
Why would I trust another piece of equipment “Trident” to run my system. I at least know from reviews the alkatronic is a solid working piece of machine. And it works without having to rely on the Apex. At least if my apex sh*ts out again my alkatronic is still working.

spartanman22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you purchase your tank from? These have almost the exact dimensions I’ve been after! I see they now have 30L’s with external overflows, but I’d rather go the route you did.

admcmps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sean, I am still using the G2 pro's also, was wondering of you would mind posting a screen shot of your schedule. Saw your spectrum settings, curious about your graph. Thanks!

lbacha

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great tank, I have a 8g sps nano and I agree nitrates and phosphates can be tricky in such a small tank with only a few fish. It is pretty cool to see sps doing well in such a small space though.

I just got a 25g IM black that I’m going to drill and add a eclipse M for the overflow

Len

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sean1986 how long did it take for your alkatronic to start reading alk correctly and consistently? My one is bouncing high and low when compared to hanna alk

OP
OP
S

Sean1986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Sean1986 how long did it take for your alkatronic to start reading alk correctly and consistently? My one is bouncing high and low when compared to hanna alk

couple questions what size tank, and how frequently are you testing. How packed is it full of coral? Did you mix the reagent or did you buy the premixed?

Only time Iv has issues with testing is when I don’t properly mix the reagent or it’s user error. The unit is very reliable in My opinion. And yes it may be different then Hannah but consistency is the key.

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
couple questions what size tank, and how frequently are you testing. How packed is it full of coral? Did you mix the reagent or did you buy the premixed?

Only time Iv has issues with testing is when I don’t properly mix the reagent or it’s user error. The unit is very reliable in My opinion. And yes it may be different then Hannah but consistency is the key.

525xl 139g and im testing every 4hrs, not packed at all :) i mixed according to bottle that came with machine at 250ml to 1000L. It’s just that you said your one was .01 to your test kits right? As well I did the baseline calibration everytime I cross checked but AT was always .03 more

20200830_151746.png 20200830_151520.png

Last edited:

spideybry

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
C4D3BA7F-247C-4453-82BA-F6E0DA7A5539.jpeg

Teaser pics till i get time later to take some better pics / closer pics

Amazing system. I just got my 30L Nuvo EXT and I can't wait until I get it looking like this. I see you wound up getting another MP10 - currently I find my self stuck because I have one and I find that I can't crank it up as much as I would like.

Also I appreciate the rock work - mine so far is a bit high and I know I will run into issues down the line lol.

You still keeping up with the No3 and Red Sea color pack? Do you test for the trace element dosing or are you just going off the calcium dosage/consumption?

Amazing tank and will be following along.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 147 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.5%
Back