NUvo20 DropOff Build

danschoenherr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife won a IM NUVO20 Drop off tank in one of our local club raffles, so I thought I would document the build.
I have already upgraded the return pump to a DC Mighty Jet, purchased the internal media basket, got a few extra filter socks, a random flow generator and an AI Prime. I am unsure of a skimmer as of yet, as the IM skimmers don't get the greatest reviews, but I do have an Eshops nano skimmer that worked very well on a previous tank, I will just have to see if it fits.
I have begun building a Marco rocks scape already and will post pics soon.
Question......for those of you that have one of these tanks....when I removed the tank from the carton, the back plastic insert panel of the base was bulged and I tapped it with my finger and it cracked. It really doesnt bother me, but was thinking of just removing it so I can use that void for storage or excess cord storage, etc. Have any of you done this?

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Congratulations on the raffle win! I'm sorry for the late reply, but wanted to wish you well on the build. I'm not sure about the IM20 drop off tank's internal panel, but maybe someone on the #reefsquad could offer some help. Thankfully I haven't had any issues with my IM10g.

count krunk

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are your plans for this little tank? I assume you already have reef tanks so I would do something different or species specific.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 3.4%
Back