• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Nyaquatic

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

Kasey Grohowski

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just received my 2nd coral catshark from nyaquatic, 1st one arrived 2 days ago and was DOA, extremely infected on it's underside pink, inflamed, etc. 2nd one today exactly the same DOA, but today he sent a very little bit of his substrate along with the shark. Way too coarse not sure what the substance is but its sand mixed with something very coarse. Anyway I'm out $80 for shipping and I'd advise against purchasing any fish from nyaquatic based on my experience. I shouldve known not to purchase the 2nd one, but I've read many good reviews about this store so I decided it was probably only a one time incident, I was very wrong.

U

User1

View Badges
I would call or send a PM. I've never dealt with them but try that route first and give them a chance to respond.

OP
OP
K

Kasey Grohowski

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would call or send a PM. I've never dealt with them but try that route first and give them a chance to respond.
I sent about 40 emails only got responses to about 5. Anyways he's refunding the cost of the fish, but not the shipping cost. I asked him to inspect this shark for any infection before he shipped it and he didn't respond.

U

User1

View Badges
Fair enough. Sorry to hear about it but glad it somewhat worked out. Shipping is a grey area for sure.

Pretty fish though although large. I hope you find success with one.

OP
OP
K

Kasey Grohowski

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fair enough. Sorry to hear about it but glad it somewhat worked out. Shipping is a grey area for sure.

Pretty fish though although large. I hope you find success with one.
Yeah well I'm very upset that he disregarded my email and still sent out a sick fish, but yeah that's his store policy. The sharks I received were only about 8 inches.

OP
OP
K

Kasey Grohowski

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They ignored my emails also when I had issues with a order.
Yeah I had to send about 10 emails the other day about the shark being DOA until he responded. Also like I said ignoring my emails about the shark having an infection due to coarse substrate, and then sending another one with the same problem.

OP
OP
K

Kasey Grohowski

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am I wrong to ask for a return in shipping costs as well? I did specifically ask him to inspect the shark before sending for infection. He sent anyways either knowing it had infection or disregarding my email and not checking. Either way it was out of my power to do anything about.

U

User1

View Badges
Am I wrong to ask for a return in shipping costs as well? I did specifically ask him to inspect the shark before sending for infection. He sent anyways either knowing it had infection or disregarding my email and not checking. Either way it was out of my power to do anything about.

I do not know what their shipping and return policy is but we are not talking about Amazon here. It is a business, small at that, and thus the great debate. Credit for the DOA for sure, and that is what you got. Since this is the 2nd time I would probably call and ask for it. If they say no politely ask why, explain it is the 2nd attempt, and then offer to split it.

If they balk at that then post your experience here (do not air out dirty laundry) explaining it like you are, how you offered to meet in the middle, and do not purchase from them again. I think that is the best you can do.

OP
OP
K

Kasey Grohowski

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not know what their shipping and return policy is but we are not talking about Amazon here. It is a business, small at that, and thus the great debate. Credit for the DOA for sure, and that is what you got. Since this is the 2nd time I would probably call and ask for it. If they say no politely ask why, explain it is the 2nd attempt, and then offer to split it.

If they balk at that then post your experience here (do not air out dirty laundry) explaining it like you are, how you offered to meet in the middle, and do not purchase from them again. I think that is the best you can do.
I wouldn't consider it airing dirty laundry? Just my experience (which I have the right to share) and also people should know. Also trying to figure what the best route is in this situation is another reason I posted. Also it doesn't matter size of business there are ethics that need to be followed. Big or small.

U

User1

View Badges
I wouldn't consider it airing dirty laundry? Just my experience (which I have the right to share) and also people should know. Also trying to figure what the best route is in this situation is another reason I posted. Also it doesn't matter size of business there are ethics that need to be followed. Big or small.

Two points - I didn't say you aired out dirty laundry, I just advised not to as you feel you may not being heard by the seller. It happens in these threads from time to time and, well, they tend to escalate. Apologies if it sounded that way.

Second point is it does matter the size of the company and this isn't a ethics thing. You received a refund. It sounds like you disagree about covering the shipping so I suggested you call, ask, and if no resolution offer to split the difference. Some business will also refund shipping. Some do not. Fish trade or any other. I've experienced both.

While I know you may not like it their policy is pretty clear on their web page thus me suggesting you call, speak to a person, and see what you both work out. I've exchanged posts with them about a Gem tang and why it does not carry a arrive alive guarantee so I'm aware of their policy. I don't agree with it, I respect their answers, but it didn't change anything.

Wish you luck.

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only had one experience with them (bought a borbonius anthia) and it was positive. The anthia was priced $100 below what others would sell it for, however, that came with a disclaimer than there are no 14 days refunds, just DOA coverage , - that policy helps them keep the costs down. The question is also whether these rules were known upfront to you. I am not defending their lack of responsiveness or else. Simply trying to make sure we always assess these things from both angles, - the old “put yourself in other person’s shoes” never fails. If you got a killer deal on pricing, but their policy was clear on no refund on shipping, I’d think them refunding you the cost is exactly what they were supposed to do and they followed through on their commitment.

OP
OP
K

Kasey Grohowski

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two points - I didn't say you aired out dirty laundry, I just advised not to as you feel you may not being heard by the seller. It happens in these threads from time to time and, well, they tend to escalate. Apologies if it sounded that way.

Second point is it does matter the size of the company and this isn't a ethics thing. You received a refund. It sounds like you disagree about covering the shipping so I suggested you call, ask, and if no resolution offer to split the difference. Some business will also refund shipping. Some do not. Fish trade or any other. I've experienced both.

While I know you may not like it their policy is pretty clear on their web page thus me suggesting you call, speak to a person, and see what you both work out. I've exchanged posts with them about a Gem tang and why it does not carry a arrive alive guarantee so I'm aware of their policy. I don't agree with it, I respect their answers, but it didn't change anything.

Wish you luck.
Sorry, misread your previous post. I am not asking him for a refund for the first order, because I also read their policy of only DOA and not covering shipping, but since I specifically asked him to inspect the new shark for infection and it came anyway, I feel I am in the right to ask for a refund on shipping also. Anyways I'm not here to escalate just share my experience.

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bad experience as well, lost a goldflake angel, so it wasn't a cheap loss. Came in sg 1.017 and impacted with internal parasites. Low sg is a common trick to control parasites long enough to get through the 2 week guarantee, this along with med cocktail. I was extremely bothered as I too went off recommendations from this board. I am not ashamed to share my experience, as they know exactly what they are doing.

OP
OP
K

Kasey Grohowski

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bad experience as well, lost a goldflake angel, so it wasn't a cheap loss. Came in sg 1.017 and impacted with internal parasites. Low sg is a common trick to control parasites long enough to get through the 2 week guarantee, this along with med cocktail. I was extremely bothered as I too went off recommendations from this board. I am not ashamed to share my experience, as they know exactly what they are doing.
Yeah he told me the fish was coming in 1.021 sg but I didn't even test just took his word for it and drip acclimated. I also seen many good reviews on this forum as well as others which is why I decided to move forward on a purchase from them.

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I actually re-read that as well. My initial reaction was that you said he WAS, but on the 2nd pass you clearly didn't imply that at all.

U

User1

View Badges
I actually re-read that as well. My initial reaction was that you said he WAS, but on the 2nd pass you clearly didn't imply that at all.

No problem. I am pretty sure my mind is thinking one way and I'm typing something totally different. I think sometimes I probably shouldn't be replying to these threads because it is between the two - especially when I've not ordered from them. I recently was talking to them though about Gem tangs and their price vs. arrive alive guarantee vs. not having a 14 day. Especially when they said they are hardy and not "expert" only say such as a Achilles. It is a money thing - I get it - but we agreed to disagree.

Again - I do apologize if it did come across that way even slightly.

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think at the end of the day the buyer wants to be dealing with someone who is knowledgeable, has a certain level of compassion and is a reasonable. The seller should be someone who is looking to make an honest profit, add value through experience and have a long-term relationship with clients.

So I for one don't look at the initial issue. Problems will arise, things will go wrong. I like to look at how the situation (which is a matter of when, not if) is handled vs such and such sent me a dead fish or some other event.

There was a thread I was reading here where someone was asking where I can buy pods. @Reef Nutrition replied that he sells them. Seems that some people wouldn't buy from him due to high shipping costs. RN quickly responded that he is aware of the issue and is working on trying to get those costs down. Also offered some solutions on how to mitigate those costs. Spoken like a true professional. Because of that thread I feel that when doing business with him you can feel assured that if a problem does arise he is willing to work with you. So kudos to him!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back