Corals Anonymous

NILISMS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had bought two clowns from them before, they came with parasites. Juveniles I couldn't save. Recently I bought 5 clowns, 3 DOA and two that came very lethargic (expected) but came with damaged packaging, with a heating pad that risen their temperature more than it should've. I was left with two weak ones and then one died when I couldn't do more for it. The other one is standing on business though, last man standing. I don't think I'll be buying fish from them again, might take my chances with petco clowns. MIGHT. that's a whole other ball game.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I had bought two clowns from them before, they came with parasites. Juveniles I couldn't save. Recently I bought 5 clowns, 3 DOA and two that came very lethargic (expected) but came with damaged packaging, with a heating pad that risen their temperature more than it should've. I was left with two weak ones and then one died when I couldn't do more for it. The other one is standing on business though, last man standing. I don't think I'll be buying fish from them again, might take my chances with petco clowns. MIGHT. that's a whole other ball game.
I agree - Locate a different source
Any signs you saw such as heavy breathing, skin imperfections, etc?
How were they acclimated and for how long?

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMB_UEj7O8.gif

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

crazyfishmom

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had pretty good luck with fish from my local petco branches. All have been as healthy as can be. I quarantine so there’s that but I haven’t lost a single petco saltwater fish yet.

Reef Devils

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be surprised with Petco fish quality. It depends on the store and the manager of the aquatics dept. I’ve bought fire fish, cardinals, wrasse, goby and even a ora aiptasia eating filefish - all healthy and lived many years. Some I still have. None of them were sick in any way

Brit’s Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Shipping can be tough on fish so if you have the option to get fish from a local store, I’d go with that. The Petco near me is awesome, although I’ve only bought corals from them. They asked me more questions about my systems than all of the other LFSs in my area (Chicago) have all put together & I thought that was awesome.
I also recently placed my very first order with Corals Anonymous and that went well also so I’m sorry you had a bad experience. That really stinks. I only bought a small frag of Sympodium, 6 sexy shrimp & some Stomatella snails - all came in alive and healthy but obviously mileages vary. I hope you have better success with buying locally! Good luck!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 25 14.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.1%
Back