• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Nyos 120

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this skimmer on 1/23/21 and I have had nothing but issues with it ever since. I'm just done with it. This has been my 3rd Nyos, I've had the 160 and 220 before and they were turds too. Why didn't I learn my lesson you ask, well I figured it was me because everyone loves these skimmers I was thinking it must have been the way I was setting them up. Well, I guess I just suck at setting these up because it was the same story. I have had a ton of different skimmer brands in the past but this one has defeated me. Quick note, I replaced my nyos 220 with a deltec 1500i, the best skimmer I've ever owned.

Anyway, long rant short my loss your gain. $325 shipped for this point of sale lol!! (I have the original box) It's only 2 months old.

20210323_172151.jpg 20210323_172322.jpg

jorwill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And I thought the bubble magus curve 5 was the biggest piece of trash, it resets the skimmer anytime you clean the cup resulting in random cup overflows even though the settings dont change on it.

OP
OP
djray77

djray77

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tons of people love these Nyos skimmers but I just haven't had any luck with them. I went with good old faithful Reef Octopus and it's been running like a champ. No microbubbles at all from day 1 and it's been set and forget.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back