Nyos 160 pump

Mengchhorn Chhun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using nyos 120 for pver 2 years before i update to 160 and recently the skimmer doesn't pull in any air at all after shut down for feeding. I have to took the air tube and blow air in inorder to make that skimmer doing skimming. I want to know if anyone ever experiences that and how can i find a replacement pump for that skimmer?

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can buy replacement pumps and impellers (It could be either) for these if it’s not pulling in air.

I actually purchased the spare parts, but also ordered a new 160 then just returned the parts (don’t ask! Lol) , but the skimmers are designed so you can just replace parts.

Im in the UK so you would need your local NYOS customer support/dealer.

sunnyc90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find my self doing the same after a water change or feeding. I personally think there is an issue with the sizing of the pump for the skimmer. When it works, it does an amazing job but it does not self start for me either and its also in the recommended 8" depth of water.

OP
OP
Mengchhorn Chhun

Mengchhorn Chhun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find my self doing the same after a water change or feeding. I personally think there is an issue with the sizing of the pump for the skimmer. When it works, it does an amazing job but it does not self start for me either and its also in the recommended 8" depth of water.

so you have to blow the air in everytimes right? have you ever try deep cleaning them yet? I will try to clean mine again today and if that won't help, i might order new pump from ecotech to replace it because it seem work fine when i first got that skimmer.

sunnyc90

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so you have to blow the air in everytimes right? have you ever try deep cleaning them yet? I will try to clean mine again today and if that won't help, i might order new pump from ecotech to replace it because it seem work fine when i first got that skimmer.

Yes every time. Mine never started even when it was new, thought it was normal and been dealing with it for about 2 years now. I just recently cleaned it thoroughly in vinegar bath and the problem is still there. I may just change to a different skimmer entirely.

OP
OP
Mengchhorn Chhun

Mengchhorn Chhun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes every time. Mine never started even when it was new, though it was normal and been dealing with it for about 2 years now. I just recently cleaned it thoroughly in vinegar bath and the problem is still there. I may just change to a different skimmer entirely.

wow that would really bad, i have mine set to off during feeding so to blow in the air manual is a pain. let me see if i could solve that and will post back here.

DeniableArc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same thing, if you start the skimmer then put your finger over the water intake for a second it should get it going. It’s a pain and I’m not sure why it did it.

Hugo’s_Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same thing, if you start the skimmer then put your finger over the water intake for a second it should get it going. It’s a pain and I’m not sure why it did it.
Mine runs but after I feed all the bubbles die off and I have to re-tune the skimmer.i feed twice a day so I have re tune the skimmer both times is this normal? Do you guys shut down your skimmer to feed so it doesn’t overflow then have to mess with it ?

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.8%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.9%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 72 42.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.7%

Back