NYOS 160 skimmer

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand and heard, you are not suppose to disassemble the unit once it has been put into use. You are to use the unit unit fails to perform, then if pump is still good you just replace the body. I believe on the back of the instructions you will find this information in small print. They say it has to do with the space age material used in the making of the body and parts, if unit is disassembled for cleaning unit may not function once reassembled and will Void Warranty. Dam these High Tech Skimmers nowadays.
;):rolleyes::p

you serious about that ?

Beonedge

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you serious about that ?
probably not ;)...in instr i read p16~17 described how to disassmble it for cleaning ....also " The NYOS Quantum skimmer can be completly diassasembled for maintenance , cleaning and servicing."

skim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you serious about that ?
No I am not, but made it sound pretty good. You should call Ecotech and talk to them. I read somewhere and it may have been on this Forum, someone else had same problem and turned out it was a bad pump and they sent him a new one and it works like a champ now.

skim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All right, you have found the problem. This may be a weak spot with the Nyos as I said I heard of the say problem before, but just like other companies I am sure they will fix whatever needs to be.

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
is there a proper way to adjusting the height of the water level in the skimmer body ? i saw one of the youtube video that the whole tube where the big wheel is on can be turned for big adjustment , is it correct ? the second issue , this produces a lot of micro bubbles, how to fix this ?

coweyes298

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you run the skimmer? It will need one or two days or even more to break in. Micro bubble is normal during the break in period. My 160 will have micro bubble everytime after I clean it. But the bubble will disappear within several hours. As for the water adjustment, the big wheel is for tuning the output water flow. Open more will cause the water level in the skimmer to drop and vis versa. Try to turn 1/4 turn on the big wheel and see how it goes for the water level. The small wheel is related to the air intake. The big wheel is for fine adjustment and the small wheel is for bigger adjustment. Don't tune the small wheel yet since it is so sensitive that a tiny turn will move the water level

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i turned both the big wheel to fully closed the water level in the skimmer body is only at the neck until i turn the small wheel to fully close that it can only reach to the bottom of the collection cup
but i want it to raise up to the middle of the cup

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back