NYOS 160 skimmer

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me the best skimmer out there!!! Plus eco-tech marine service, what else you can ask for!!!!! [emoji106][emoji225][emoji886]

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For me the best skimmer out there!!! Plus eco-tech marine service, what else you can ask for!!!!! [emoji106][emoji225][emoji886]

It's not the best, for me the cup removal is a PITA!

With all the man power I have to use to remove and reinstall the cup, I don't think the acrylic will last long term.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an easy small turn to remove the cup. Yours may have a problem, contact the vendor or mfg,

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's an easy small turn to remove the cup. Yours may have a problem, contact the vendor or mfg,

Who do we contact, Nyos or ecotech?

I have to use a lot of force to remove the cup, same with putting it back in.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Who sold you the Nyos skimmer? Vendor, contact them first. Nyos booklet that came with skimmer has their contact info and parts list.
Who do we contact, Nyos or ecotech?

I have to use a lot of force to remove the cup, same with putting it back in.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If Ecotech sold it to you contact them first.

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my case I never bought it from ecotech but if you had any issue you just contact ecotech with the Proof of purchase and They'll going to send you any replacement part do you possibly need. In my case The collection cup never had any issues to be removed.

sromero287

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not the best, for me the cup removal is a PITA!

With all the man power I have to use to remove and reinstall the cup, I don't think the acrylic will last long term.

If you read it what I posted it says FOR ME, it's my simply and personal feeling based on my experience and performance overall with this thing. What I suggest in order to the removal of the cup not be a PITA use some silicone Grease or just check it out close because may have any obstruction and you can claim a simple warranty and they will send you a new cup, A good friend of mine had a problem with the engine, they sent him a bnib and what he paid was $.99.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was answering Reefltx. Yes, Ecotech is very good on fixing problems with their products, agreed. I've never had a problem with mine. On the plus side you can dismantle everything on this skinner to clean it unlike my prior skimmer RO and Skimz,which didn't skim for me at all and interaction with that company left a lot to be desired, both sold.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Nyos skimmer is fantastic, I won't give it up. Very easy to connect a PH scrubber if you need to run one and it doesn't take away from the performance, I didn't need to readjust anything on the skimmer.

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you read it what I posted it says FOR ME, it's my simply and personal feeling based on my experience and performance overall with this thing. What I suggest in order to the removal of the cup not be a PITA use some silicone Grease or just check it out close because may have any obstruction and you can claim a simple warranty and they will send you a new cup, A good friend of mine had a problem with the engine, they sent him a bnib and what he paid was $.99.

I did check it out, I believe it is the clear rubber gasket. Maybe it's too large, probably why it required some pressure to remove the cup.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Downsizing my tank and..I like the Nyos so much I just bought the smaller 120 version! Once the smaller tank is running, the 160 will be up for sale.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 1 for about 4 weeks now and had to raise it about an inch and a quarter to get it to set properly, now works great.
As above a touch of silicon grease or vaseline helps with the rubber seal on the neck.

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had 1 for about 4 weeks now and had to raise it about an inch and a quarter to get it to set properly, now works great.
As above a touch of silicon grease or vaseline helps with the rubber seal on the neck.

How deep was the skimmer before?

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i took the skimmer apart for cleaning and after that i cannot raise and lower the water level using the wheel . only the air valve works. tried everything

Reefltx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I find cleaning it with cold water helps with the seal, it's a lot easier now to put the cup back in. Before I was using very warm water....

skim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand and heard, you are not suppose to disassemble the unit once it has been put into use. You are to use the unit unit fails to perform, then if pump is still good you just replace the body. I believe on the back of the instructions you will find this information in small print. They say it has to do with the space age material used in the making of the body and parts, if unit is disassembled for cleaning unit may not function once reassembled and will Void Warranty. Dam these High Tech Skimmers nowadays.
;):rolleyes::p

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.7%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back