Nyos Fish Trap - It Can Work

slingfox

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2023
Messages
3,177
Reaction score
3,196
Location
Northern California
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
For those trying to find a potentially effective fish trap, the Nyos fish trap worked for me. For some reasons the trap has two small openings where you can add fish food. The problem is they are directly opposite each other so if you put in food from the top it falls out of the bottom.

What I did was tape one opening so the food stays inside the trap. During my first day of testing I put some food into the trap and didn’t anything else. I returned later and saw the food was eaten. Today I put food into the trap and stood by and watched as half my fish went in and out of the trap. Eventually the flame angel I wanted to isolate went inside.

Fish are curious:

IMG_5448.jpeg


Flame angel caught (or be transferred to by 10 gallon quarantine tank for a few weeks):

IMG_5452.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new