Nyos OPUS G2 cabinet does not have leveling...Concern

Neko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm Red Sea Reefer person. I want Nyos OPUS G2 for new build. Why Nyos? Because of two big motivations:
1. Hidden Overflow
2. Clear edges with transparent silicone

But, I noticed one issue. It looks Nyos OPUS cabinet does not have leveling... I have a concern.

I'm in the United States. Even floor level is not expected in the United States. I assume cabinet leveling is necessary for US market.
(You may say "use shims". But, shims are visiually not good looking. Besides, I am not handy.)

My floor level is at the boundary (as shown picture). Should I give up Nyos OPUS G2 300?

nyos.jpg

redsea.jpg

IMG_4847.PNG

JC Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m currently looking at the Nyos Opus as well :)

The Pro-Line comes with adjustable feet for easier leveling along with other nice touches. The slimline does not come with Height-Adjustable Feet.

cougercruiser

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can speak to the Nyos Opus G2 Pro/line cabinet. It does come with height adjustable feet. It took me forever to adjust because I had to keep lifting the cabinmate with the tank each time to readjust. Pro Tip: level the cabinet before you add the tank. You may have to make some very minor tweaks after but it will save you A LOT of time and stress.

Also, the gate valve that comes with the tank is poop. See the link below for more details:

OP
OP
Neko

Neko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can speak to the Nyos Opus G2 Pro/line cabinet. It does come with height adjustable feet. It took me forever to adjust because I had to keep lifting the cabinmate with the tank each time to readjust. Pro Tip: level the cabinet before you add the tank. You may have to make some very minor tweaks after but it will save you A LOT of time and stress.

Also, the gate valve that comes with the tank is poop. See the link below for more details:

Thanks a lot!
One concern is resolved! But, new concern come:(

Nyos Gate valve come with metal, and it need to be repalced together with metric to standard couplers. This is my understanding.

Do you think I can do this by myself?
(I am not handyman. I cannot cut pipe. I cannot glue pipe.)

I can see Red Sea down flow gate valve is also metric, and it's avalilable to purchase in US.

Do you think I can replace the Nyos valve by Red Sea valve?
nyos valve.jpg

FOO-CAT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get on their website, it shows a different valve in the pictures, not the round one. Wondering if its changed now?

OP
OP
Neko

Neko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, they changed the valve.
(Actually, I contacted Nyos support about valve concern.)

From Nyos support:
We have changed the membran valve to a bulb valve recently, but the reason is not the metal. The advantage of a bulb valve is that it is much more stable compared to a membrane valve and doesn’t need that much maintenance.

Finn450

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received the Nyos G2 300 2 weeks ago...got the old membrane valve...trying to get them to send me the new ball valve. My understanding was that the new systems came with the ball valve...it's hit or miss until they push out the older systems I guess.

FOO-CAT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received the Nyos G2 300 2 weeks ago...got the old membrane valve...trying to get them to send me the new ball valve. My understanding was that the new systems came with the ball valve...it's hit or miss until they push out the older systems I guess.
Good luck, let us know if they get you the newer valve.

Finn450

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will do...right now they are tossing it around from Nyos to Aperture. Not sure what the big deal is for a few bucks worth of plumbing...Also, the sock holder is ill fitting...doesn't hold in place nor does it hold a sock or cup in place. They new systems have a black holder that fits properly and holds a sock or cup , the older are clear. Cherry on top for me is after setting it up, there is a bubble in the glass...front pane of course. Other than that it's a nice system.

FOO-CAT

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will do...right now they are tossing it around from Nyos to Aperture. Not sure what the big deal is for a few bucks worth of plumbing...Also, the sock holder is ill fitting...doesn't hold in place nor does it hold a sock or cup in place. They new systems have a black holder that fits properly and holds a sock or cup , the older are clear. Cherry on top for me is after setting it up, there is a bubble in the glass...front pane of course. Other than that it's a nice system.
Oh no, everything I've read is these tanks were flawless except for that valve. How's the stand? Reviews say they're very nice.

Finn450

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh no, everything I've read is these tanks were flawless except for that valve. How's the stand? Reviews say they're very nice.
The stand is very nice. The tank itself is excellent. Seams are perfect. Unfortunately there is a small bubble in the front pane.

Finn450

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've given up on Nyos and Aperture "customer service" and will be ordering the parts to swap to the ball valve. The main is 32mm...everything is available on Amazon for $60.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 123 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back